★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Plight of the zombie (2.99->free)

10-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Plight of the zombie (2.99->free)

Looks like a good one.

10-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks, DLing now...I remember this getting a pretty great review here.

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!

10-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Another one for my stealth folder! Thanks OP!
10-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Interesting and curious enough to play.
Appreciated.
10-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Totally awesome Ty!!
10-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Looks like a cross between Spy Mouse and Brainsss, both great games, so this one might have some potential. Downloading...
10-07-2012, 11:52 PM
What about the "Top In-App Purchases" for real money? Do we need them to proceed?

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
10-08-2012, 12:00 AM
I'll never understand how games that aren't $0.99 go free before ever hitting $0.99, but it seems there's an issue with the iPhone 5, so maybe that's the reason. Either way, thanks for the gift...snagged.

The funny thing is, even after TA's great review and watching the TA Plays video, I was never able get myself to buy this, and even after getting it for free, I'm sitting here wondering (having yet to try it, of course) "Why?". Maybe it's one of those "when you play it, you'll get it" games...guess I'll have to see in a bit.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I'll never understand how games that aren't $0.99 go free before ever hitting $0.99, but it seems there's an issue with the iPhone 5, so maybe that's the reason. Either way, thanks for the gift...snagged.

The funny thing is, even after TA's great review and watching the TA Plays video, I was never able get myself to buy this, and even after getting it for free, I'm sitting here wondering (having yet to try it, of course) "Why?". Maybe it's one of those "when you play it, you'll get it" games...guess I'll have to see in a bit.
I'm guessing, like me, nothing about the game grabbed you. No one thing, I mean. It looks like a well designed game, but, with so many game available, nothing made me smash the buy button.
10-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I'm guessing, like me, nothing about the game grabbed you. No one thing, I mean. It looks like a well designed game, but, with so many game available, nothing made me smash the buy button.
I'll be the first to admit that the word "Zombie" will still get my attention every single time, so I can't say nothing grabbed me. I don't know whether it's just my general dislike for most things "line drawing" or the combination of that and the price-point, but yeah...even though I thought about it, I never really did feel like I just had to buy the game, you know?

That said, I've played through the first set of levels and half of the second set, and the game's alright. I don't know if it deserves a 4.5/5 (and I'll be the first to say that God of Blades did deserve a 5/5) and I don't really care, but there's some nice level design here and the game just flat-out works. I don't know how long it'll keep my attention for (as there just seems to be one "area", despite different districts...I could be wrong, of course), but I've already put it in a folder, which essentially means I'll keep the game...for now.

Oh, and for free...there shouldn't be any hesitation picking this up.

IAP seems completely optional, btw.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"