★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

LiveFire Not Officially Known As Kill-Test........

06-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
LiveFire Not Officially Known As Kill-Test........

Quote:
The official name of our FPS may still be a secret, but that has not stopped Arsenal Megacorp from leaking critical insights into its Experimental Combat Systems. Stage 2 (known as KillTest) is now live on fps.ngmoco.com, and it features our debut trailer.

Our FPS offers 4-player deathmatch over Wifi and 3G. We’ve deployed our innovative TouchAnyhere virtual dual-analog controls for aim and movement. And we allow players to choose between a manual trigger and lock-on firing mechanics.
Stay tuned. Arsenal Megacorp will no doubt let Stage 3 slip into the wild in the near future.
—MJ

Source
06-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Yay but I wonder why they came up with that story.....*hint* *hint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer

06-15-2009, 11:30 PM
This could be true but it could be that they're just trying to cover it up with a story to save themselves from the embarrassment of changing the name back after so much criticism. Well, no one will know but them and they're sure not gonna tell us.

I still hope it's LiveFire or something, if possible, even better.

GameCenter: xVietx - Add me
Sorry, I'm dead.
06-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Quote:
The official name of our FPS may still be a secret... Stage 2 (known as KillTest) is now live on fps.ngmoco.com, and it features our debut trailer... Arsenal Megacorp will no doubt let Stage 3 slip into the wild in the near future.
Doesnt seem like they are covering it up. LiveFire was Stage 1, KillTest Stage 2, now we wait for Stage 3 (probably going to be announced Wednesday for 3.0?)
06-15-2009, 11:38 PM
oops, double post >.<
(how do I delete this post?)
06-15-2009, 11:52 PM
only one game mode and only 4 people per game? Doesn't sound that appealing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBegjWTMSTU&fmt=18
Watch this hilarious video my cousin made!!
06-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Don't think they can name it livefire since lucas arts which also makes mobile games has this game
http://www.starwars.com/games/playnow/livefire/

I think Lucas served them with a legal notice and killtest was a stop gap while they think of a better name.
06-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sponger View Post
oops, double post >.<
(how do I delete this post?)
That's the one thing I don't like about the forum. Other than that, I love it. I usually don't need to delete posts though, but I still read over my post first just in case I don't want to publish anything I wouldn't want to be read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florendas View Post
Don't think they can name it livefire since lucas arts which also makes mobile games has this game
http://www.starwars.com/games/playnow/livefire/

I think Lucas served them with a legal notice and killtest was a stop gap while they think of a better name.
Oh wow, you're right! Hmm, well, thanks to LucasArts for stealing a great name from a (hopefully) great game.

GameCenter: xVietx - Add me
Sorry, I'm dead.
06-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Killtest is a pretty bad name. I hope they can change it back to LiveFire. But an even better name would be great.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
06-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pl0cks View Post
only one game mode and only 4 people per game? Doesn't sound that appealing...
Its not just 4 players, its 4 players via 3G connections thus truly mobile online multiplayer! You won't need to find a wifi hotspot to play this game online (assuming you're an iPhone owner) and thats the coolest thing about it. To me, it seems like Quake 3: Arena (probably the 1st fps i ever played online) for a mobile phone!

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD