★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pin Tiki Ball for Mac

10-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Pin Tiki Ball for Mac

Last edited by vonObstfelder; 10-13-2012 at 06:50 PM.
10-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Got a promo from the other thread, figured I should post my impressions here...

Did a game and its pretty good. Got a bit over 2 mil on first run. I guess one drawback is that its just a single table. Also the physics seem iffy, (trapping the ball seemed hard, no death saves/nudging, AFAIK).

But looking past those things, I like the game. Can't go wrong with the graphics, very colorful. Didn't notice any lag, whether the table was a bit busy or using the flippers.
10-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Got a promo from the other thread, figured I should post my impressions here...

Did a game and its pretty good. Got a bit over 2 mil on first run. I guess one drawback is that its just a single table. Also the physics seem iffy, (trapping the ball seemed hard, no death saves/nudging, AFAIK).

But looking past those things, I like the game. Can't go wrong with the graphics, very colorful. Didn't notice any lag, whether the table was a bit busy or using the flippers.
Thanks for posting your impressions! 2 more tables are coming in free updates. The next island will be larger, faster and different. One tip in case you didn't notice: if you hold the flipper down a bamboo pole will block the side drains.
10-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonObstfelder View Post
Thanks for posting your impressions! 2 more tables are coming in free updates. The next island will be larger, faster and different. One tip in case you didn't notice: if you hold the flipper down a bamboo pole will block the side drains.
Yep noticed your tip there, very useful! I realize now that death saving won't work in the game judging by the layout of the board. Glad to see a couple of tables on the way as well. Trapping the ball with the flippers seems doable but iffy. As crazy as the game seems to get, I like to aim my shots with precision sometimes.

This is a really nice pinball game, and I can pass time easily playing it. I would recommend it especially if at least one extra table pops up.