★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

RobotTimes I ->Free

10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
RobotTimes I ->Free

iPhone version:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/robottimesi/id563103433?mt=8

iPad version:

10-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Anyone try this? Looks nice but only a few reviews on iTunes saying it crashes. Also, strangely, the iPhone version is larger at 186 MB so just wanted the scoop before I downloaded it.

10-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Isn't this just a demo? 1 level free the rest is $0.99 per level.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
10-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Anyone try this? Looks nice but only a few reviews on iTunes saying it crashes. Also, strangely, the iPhone version is larger at 186 MB so just wanted the scoop before I downloaded it.
Well, I guess your real question is, is it worth the time and disk space to try? My honest opinion, not really.

This is kind of a FPS but you are on a vehicle with machine guns. Plays a little like modern combat, but the graphics and all are much much worse.

And as posted above, levels above level 1 are inapps, now I don't quite know if they will unlock after you finish the level, suffice to say, I never got that far to check.

It is a pretty big file, so honestly, no.
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I tried it but had prior obligations that didn't allow me to finish the first level. Judging from the level select screen, I'm not sure if you have to pay for the other levels or if it's a level skip in case you don't want to have to finish them in order.

Go ahead, try it. One prob, there's no tutorial or any kind of help which I could find.

Edit: I tried the iphone version, also free.
10-09-2012, 06:40 PM
I actually paid for this when it came out and was a bit disappointed. There's the foundation of a good game there. I just think it needs to be further fleshed out. I just figured I'd post this since it went free and there aren't a lot of mech shooters on iOS.
10-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
I actually paid for this when it came out and was a bit disappointed. There's the foundation of a good game there. I just think it needs to be further fleshed out. I just figured I'd post this since it went free and there aren't a lot of mech shooters on iOS.
Well Royce, me and Connector simulposted the same question...do you know if you have to pay for the levels, or do they unlock as you complete them?

Another thing...stupid appshopper (err, sorry TA). It just showed up as free on appshopper, other apptrackers had it free this morning.
10-09-2012, 07:28 PM
I have no idea about whether you can unlock the other levels without IAP because I haven't been able to finish the first one. At least I'm not sure if I've finished it. The game needs a better radar, map or some sort of long distance enemy tracking. I killed everything I could find a couple of times, and walked around until my mech's battery died, which doesn't stop you but slows you down. Then searching became tedious so I quit. I was hoping someone else would have discovered the answer.
10-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Unless someone posts something outrageously contrary to the above, I think I'll pass.
10-11-2012, 03:18 AM
More information you can get from this site

https://groups.google.com/forum/?nor...me/KoVT3fTbfyU

If you need any help, please post in that forum.