★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I can't find a save function.
Built a nice little world to my liking but after returning to main menu it's no longer there.

The concept is cool but it feels more like a demo than a finished product.

Do the green animals actually eat the plants, or are they just moving and breeding at random?
10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaem View Post
Built a nice little world to my liking but after returning to main menu it's no longer there.

Do the green animals actually eat the plants, or are they just moving and breeding at random?
All the herbivores eat grass at the moment but it all needs tuning, they only eat all the grass and then starve when there is a huge herd, the long necked green guys are supposed to eat trees but that's still on the todo list...

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-

10-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Really enjoying this one! Beautiful visuals, and I really like the menu system and the building tools. Found myself just really getting absorbed, having fun creating the landscapes.

Have to add my vote for the save option though.
10-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I just got this game, played about 20 mins. What a cool little world builder. It's just a fun, creative app. Definately has potential to add more features.

The stuff you can do on iOS is really amazing nowadays.
10-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
This worth my buck?
Hell yeah. Worth a buck and more.
10-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaem View Post

'Save replay' is in the menu right under 'quit sandbox', it's basically a save of the state at every moment. Right now you do have to watch the replay to get back to where you were but fast winding will be in the next update.

-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-
10-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I like it, already built a diverse world with various land masses and zones. Just wish that there was a bit more you could do. More biomes, more terrain types, etc... Of course, I know it's still in development, and that more features are planned, which I'm excited for. Also, the animals, they all seem the same to me, and how they work is rather unbalanced. Prey species stand no chance once a predator gets amongst them. Any predator can pretty much kill any prey, then reproduce! A bit too easy for large herds to get wiped out, which in turn leads to the predators extinction due to famine. What it should be is predators only hunt some of the time. Once 2 predators have eaten, then they can reproduce with each other, at which point they may stick with each other as a pack, troop, herd, pride, whatever. Or maybe they won't, you could have certain species that reproduce then go their separate ways. Increasing their spread, but slightly decreasing chance of survival. Also, different types of prey should have different characteristics. Maybe the bigger ones have a chance to defend themselves and kill the attacker, while the smaller ones are easy to be killed and eaten, but reproduce much quicker. I don't know, just a few ideas, I'd really like to see the animals get expanded. Otherwise, it's great fun!

Oh, and what the heck is up with birds? They just fly out into the ocean in these big clumps and stay in the same place for me.
10-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennX View Post
'Save replay' is in the menu right under 'quit sandbox', it's basically a save of the state at every moment. Right now you do have to watch the replay to get back to where you were but fast winding will be in the next update.
Hi can you please skip this fast winding and just drop us exactly where we left off! There's just no point of watching any type of replay when the game doesn't offer much to re-play to begin with. Thx
10-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidfart View Post
Hi can you please skip this fast winding and just drop us exactly where we left off! There's just no point of watching any type of replay when the game doesn't offer much to re-play to begin with. Thx
It's the same thing really.

-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-
10-11-2012, 12:26 PM
... This isn't a game.