★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
I gladly play and enjoy the game as it is. However I dislike coming back to it, having to wait 45 minutes or whatever time I took creating a world just to continue playing with it. It's either waiting for the entire replay, hoping you're close enough to where you last left off...start midway...or start from scratch.

I am very thrilled to know the developers are addressing this issue in the next update. And frankly, if the save system was the only thing they fixed and then ditched the project...it would still be a 5 star app for me.

And the users who enjoy this game, support it and see the potential it has but are only asking for a better save system and some small tweaks are whiny and spoiled little gamers? Are you serious?!

I suppose if you were using a beta of Microsoft Word you wouldn't mind waiting for the software to finish playing everything you've typed so you can go back in and make a small change, right? Coz the software has potential of course!

Some of us are not demanding for incredibly realistic physics or graphics, or independent AI...just for a decent save system. That's not asking for much is it? We understand it's an iOS game; you can only do so much on these devices.

A lot of the users are throwing in a LOT of comments and suggestions. Some more plausible...others just impossible. Yet only a select few will make it to later builds, only a select few are even possible on such devices. How will the game thrive if we have people like you saying all the comments and suggestions are rubbish and the people suggesting them are spoiled brats for demanding such high standards?

It's up to the developers to grab what ideas work best for their game.

It's not up to you to judge.
10-14-2012, 06:01 PM
It's like alpha minecraft -> get it out in the wild and because it's simulation/toy, let the players find out what they think works best and feedback/qa back to the dev for improvements and suggestions. at 0.99$ it sure is fun for the fingers already!

10-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post

"I tried to get out, and they PULLED me back in again!" -The Godfather

Dude, you rated this 5 stars, I have no qualms with you, if you want to be constructive, go to the main Dev thread and state your grievances there like I have done constructively. The link is on page 9 of this thread. But to whine over and over about the save function or that it's a novelty is just TROLLING. I suggest more fiber in your diet.
10-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Here's the place to make constructive criticisms like I have instead of 21 pages of trolling about novelty or save functions on a version 1.0 game
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=159896
10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

Click on above icons
to discover more about the games!

TOPIA WORLD BUILDER
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
10/10/2012

Do you like to become god and shape the land as you choose?

VOTE HERE

Poll close
10-17-2012 at 06:28 PM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -
10-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Well what's everyone think of the new save system in tonight's update?
10-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Hasn't hit my side of the globe yet. Really excited about it though. How's it working for you?
10-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
I'd love to know. If the fix works could whoever submitted it to Apple please send me the source code
10-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennX View Post
I'd love to know. If the fix works could whoever submitted it to Apple please send me the source code
LMAO! Wishful thinkin I guess, why is it at 1.1?
And I saw another guy was accredited for A Wonderland Story by mistake. But hey, there was a Chinese game posted on TA with a $999.99 Prive tag just 24 hrs ago, so who knows!
I would like to ask for an update on how things are goin, havnt heard much for awhile from you guys. Thanks! Really looking forward to more from this game!
10-18-2012, 07:03 AM
It's 1.1 because of a slight mess up in resubmitting. Not helped by the fact that Josh and I were handling elements of the submissions from opposite sides of the atlantic. We'll submit the next version as 1.1.1 or something so the one after that can genuinely be 1.2 and everything will be back in sync with the intro message.

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-