★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-18-2012, 07:57 AM
I live in the US and I still haven't gotten the update, it's approximately 0900.
10-18-2012, 08:09 AM
There's a update?

10-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Apparently, someone on page 21 said that there was an update fixing the save mechanic, I still havent gotten the update though.
10-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklaus View Post
Apparently, someone on page 21 said that there was an update fixing the save mechanic, I still havent gotten the update though.
Maybe it comes tonight or later today.
10-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
I definitely didn't submit anything yet... :s I think there are still some things to do.
10-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
I definitely didn't submit anything yet... :s I think there are still some things to do.
Ok people stop saying they submitted stuff lol
10-24-2012, 08:45 AM
A quick note on the progress of the update. Some info here in my latest blog

Basically, i've fixed a few bugs, made a few optimisations and am in the middle of a fairly major change to the whole way the game saves levels.

I hadn't realised quite how attached to their creations people would be so the concept of saving your world by recording a replay is gone, it's now a complete save of the level and will load instantly. As soon as this is working and the UI is de-confused (most of the confusion is caused by the replay concept after all) we will submit the update.

The progress on the update was slightly delayed today though because, when I clicked on 'subscribed threads' to come here I found out about the Halloween update to Ski Safari. Blame those guys...

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-
10-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennX View Post

The progress on the update was slightly delayed today though because, when I clicked on 'subscribed threads' to come here I found out about the Halloween update to Ski Safari. Blame those guys...
Understandable

Appreciate the support
10-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennX View Post
A quick note on the progress of the update. Some info here in my latest blog

Basically, i've fixed a few bugs, made a few optimisations and am in the middle of a fairly major change to the whole way the game saves levels.

I hadn't realised quite how attached to their creations people would be so the concept of saving your world by recording a replay is gone, it's now a complete save of the level and will load instantly. As soon as this is working and the UI is de-confused (most of the confusion is caused by the replay concept after all) we will submit the update.

OH WOW !!!! I was gettin a little worried there, and now to be greeted today with such AWESOME NEWS! Thanks guys!
Can't wait!!! I know that had to be a huge coding / redesign undertaking ! I just spread the word some more today of this game!
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
OH WOW !!!! I was gettin a little worried there, and now to be greeted today with such AWESOME NEWS! Thanks guys!
Can't wait!!! I know that had to be a huge coding / redesign undertaking ! I just spread the word some more today of this game!
Actually it's not that big an update, the landscape and animal state saving code was always there for debugging purposes, it just needs a little organising and compression.

I was going with the recorded game concept because it saves memory, makes recording things like the rolling demo very easy and has a lot of future potential but there are so many downsides. The new save format will be much much easier to keep old saves compatible with future features and will give complete control of what the level looks like. Less weird, complicated rules for future build tools for example...

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-