Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-11-2012, 03:02 PM

Why isn't this available in the US yet?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruab View Post
Freemium?
Nope, not even free. And doesn't have any IAP.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benegesserit View Post
Why isn't this available in the US yet?
I'm not sure what you mean...I bought it this morning, and have played it 5 times already. I actually like the new mechanics, and quicker game play.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Small devs compete by adding features we want, large devs coast on name brands and guaranteed reviews/spotlights
Oh, I know the supposed mechanisms behind this is a general trend (and I believe yer right in your analysis). What I was curious about is why the AAA devs "rarely, if ever, seem to consider online async mp when they release turn-based games with local multiplayer". Even the most coast-able, lazy-rump, review-assured developer should occasionally flirt with the idea of some novel or popular mechanics beyond watered-down console standards

Last edited by Ayjona; 10-11-2012 at 03:37 PM..
Old 10-11-2012, 04:43 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
...I bought it this morning, and have played it 5 times already. I actually like the new mechanics, and quicker game play.
In the little time that you've spent with it, does it seem AI biased or fairly well balanced?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractalrock View Post
In the little time that you've spent with it, does it seem AI biased or fairly well balanced?
Seems well balanced to me. I like how at the end of every game it shows what the die rolls were compared to the probability. I've won and lost. The only stupid thing I see is that sometimes the AI will bid more money than I have on an auction. Obviously a human wouldn't do something that stupid, but its a quirk that exists on the other two Monopoly games on the app store too...no biggie.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Thank you for your response. That combined with sanuku's video has convinced me to give it a go.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractalrock View Post
Thank you for your response. That combined with sanuku's video has convinced me to give it a go.
Can always count on a Sanuku video.

Already got the standard Monopoly app and just bought Millionare too, it's night time here in uk so will play tommorrow. Bought the actual board game when released here 2 months ago with no marketing, just like this app it simply appeared from nowhere.

From Sanuku's video it looks to be exactly like the real board game edition. The fortune cards on each square speed up buying and building of properties. The addition of coloured & upgradable movers is a Monopoly first with each upgrade of your mover increasing your chances of winning money and free buildings through the community/chance cards. The better the mover the more money you also collect when passing Go.

The removal of the Stations on the board reduces the squares needed to go once round the board speeding the game up further. Fans of original Monopoly may not take to it but today's players should definetly try at least one run through.

Gametime can be around 30 mins to reach the 1 Million target on an actual board, on iPad I guess would be even faster.

The chance to play online would have been great though, as i think iOS 6 now supports turn based game via Game Center.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Just wondering, is this game good? Worth $0.99? It just came out on Android so am thinking of getting it.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Monopoly Millionaire Edition Question

I can't seem to figure out how to mortgage my properties. Anyone out there know how?

Thanks!