Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
3. Going cheap on a $1 game of this quality is a crime.
++++1

This game seriously should have started at $2.99. Easily worth that.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
++++1

This game seriously should have started at $2.99. Easily worth that.
Honestly, we're just trying to put it in as many hands as possible before we up it to the 3 dollar mark. We're a small company trying to swim large and we want it to be accessible on launch

Don't forget to tell your friends or anyone else you think would dig this game. It will help us in the long run SEVERELY

Thanks again everyone!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Editor's choice in 148apps, congrats!

http://www.148apps.com/reviews/polara-review/
Old 10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I know this isnt much yet, but...

Old 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
The way the game's designed, I don't think you'd have to worry about this going freemium. There's no upgrade system required. Only thing they could possibly change is making the extra modes IAPs.

But the dev seems very adamant about not having IAPs at all so I feel pretty confident that this will not go freemium.

I'd also say, since the price is going to go up, get this game NOW. It's incredible and the content is enormous for the $.99 asking price.
There are zero, zilch, nadda plans to make this IAP. This will be going up to 3 bucks to recoup costs soon. We're merely trying to gain the trust of the users out there. There's no trickery, no gimmicks... just a love of gaming and a design we really took to. We wanted to make something that smacks of our focus and ability to ensure people that we're not a joke. We're very interested in this being a major business.

That being said we still need the love and support of anyone who is enjoying this title to rank, rate, like, talk about, pass along, and just generally help us to become established We were up for a feature spot on Apple's store, sadly it seems all the other titles that came out on this day got there. We hit the new and noteworthy section though. So again we need to establish ourselves as a major company that is interested in delivering real entertainment.

We are ecstatic over the response so far and we're loving that people are really digging into this title. That's what it's there for

Enjoy yourselves!

Cheers,
HTW
Old 10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
The first extra mode I started playing only after I finished the first 2 story missions... Can't be that long.
The first endlessode is unlocked from the beginning... But the others might take a couple days... Depends on how hooked people are and how much time they can dedicate to the game... As well as whether or not they even want to go back and collect items to unlock the modes...

And then, of course, there's the people that won't even touch the endless modes until they complete the story...
Old 10-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I know this isnt much yet, but...
Nice! I've only got 1, 4 and 5 flawless so far. Interestingly, aside from 1, five seemed to be the easiest to get flawless. Think I did it on the second try.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWGames View Post
There are zero, zilch, nadda plans to make this IAP. This will be going up to 3 bucks to recoup costs soon. We're merely trying to gain the trust of the users out there. There's no trickery, no gimmicks... just a love of gaming and a design we really took to. We wanted to make something that smacks of our focus and ability to ensure people that we're not a joke. We're very interested in this being a major business.

That being said we still need the love and support of anyone who is enjoying this title to rank, rate, like, talk about, pass along, and just generally help us to become established We were up for a feature spot on Apple's store, sadly it seems all the other titles that came out on this day got there. We hit the new and noteworthy section though. So again we need to establish ourselves as a major company that is interested in delivering real entertainment.

We are ecstatic over the response so far and we're loving that people are really digging into this title. That's what it's there for

Enjoy yourselves!

Cheers,
HTW
Ok, will take your word on it. One of the developers of Kunundrum was kind to me a while back, not sure if it was you or not, but I will support your cause and throw in my buck, even though I rarely buy endless runners.

But someone said it was better than Rayman, and SV's review was very supportive of it, so count me in.

Going to the appstore, see yas.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

This game is quite simply amazing! I am not a fan of runners in general as they usually get repetitive fairly quickly, there are a handful with hooks that can really keep me coming back but this is the real deal. It feels great and each level (yes this is a runner with actual levels!) is unique and introduces new elements that are very intuitive and change up the gameplay. i highly recommend it!

I am playing on an ipod touch 4th gen and have experienced some lag. It hasn't been a game killer so far, but it would be nice if it was addressed in the next update.

Bravo HTW!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM

Take this game off of your watch list and buy it. For .99 you're getting big value, my iPhone5 issues aside this is a good game. It could easily have been sort of a one-trick-pony type experience, but they created a game with complexity and charm and they deserve your .99(or 2.99 depending on when you're reading this).