Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 AM
iPad 2

Don't forget everyone, Polara is released tomorrow! I hope you all dig it. We're just a small 3 man team working satellite across Canada and we're doing our best to bring you fun schtuff

PSSSSSST...the full trailer will be live sometime after midnight PST.

Cheers everyone!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Fantastic video!
Glad to buy this and support fellow Canadians
Just Hope this Works....sorry guys someone had to say it!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I look forward to playing this
Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I love the speed in that video.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:56 AM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Looks great and while there are a few other promising titles (especially Crazy Taxi) so far this is probably my only must buy.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:00 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

nice tron like look.

looks pretty intense.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM
iPad 2

Haha earlier I mentioned that the trailer will be released at midnight... Completely forgot it would be released in NZ basically a day early. Oops!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I have the game now and i want to start with...

THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC.

I've only played the intro and the fist 2 story levels, and the game impressed me much.

I love the pin-up style art in story mode and most of the cutscenes, and the sounds are pretty good too, with nothing irritating to the ear.

The gameplay is a basic sidescrolling runner with 2 buttons, and these buttons felt too natural controls-wise. There's a jump button and a color-swap button on the left and right side of the screens, which you can exchange positions in the options menu.

What really impressed me is the level design and it's impact on the usage of the color-swap button. Basically, you have to match your suit's color to be immune to hazards of that color. The level designs look all too varied every step of the way, and these variations will really change the way you feel about 2-button runner games. It's the complex and brilliant level design that defines the gameplay, and it excels so much at that for me. With the spot-on controls, the platforming becomes natural right away.

This game also oozes with polish. You character isnt confined to limited animations. Instead, she moves fluidly and has different animations like slowing down, walking, flipping, floating and others in addition to the running and jumping. Also, this runner game has a real story line included in it, and not just an intro for each level. I cant say much about this, but from what i've seen so far, pretty well thought of and well-implemented.

Replaying levels gives you all new objectives like collecting colored-letters (match your color to collect) and picking up items.

Game content looks massive for a buck. There are 6 game modes to unlock, but i havent unlocked any yet. Plus, there are 32 GC achievements to aim for.

And for those wondering, I CANT FIND ANY IAP ON POLARA, which is why right now i raise a question why they are only selling it for a buck. This game deserves to be sold at a higher price, i'd say it's easily worth $3, maybe more.

The only thing is that there are ads on the loading screen... BUT ONLY ON THE LOADING SCREEN. I guess this may have influenced the $1 pricing, but so far it is in no way interfering with gameplay, and not a bit on the menus either. At least none that i noticed if there was any.

So far so good. I havent touched all of my purchases today, but this already looks to be my game of the week being the runner addict that i am.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 10-10-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I have the game now and i want to start with...

THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC.
Nice review. You've got me sold. Although they obviously are very different, this looks to me like a runner that has the kind of substance that God of Blades was missing (yes, I played it, and still think it was lacking).

Bring on 11 p.m. EST!!!