App description: Polara is a new take on the free-runner platformer that incorporates traditional challenging gameplay with color-switching strategy. Utilize color coded speed ramps, launching pads, gravity waves, hex bombs, and energy platforms to survive as you escape the clutches of an evil security system hell bent on destroying all those that oppose. Immerse yourself in the world of Agent Lara, a defense system special agent, that finds herself between a massive world power and the sympathies of a rebel cause. Help her down the path of death defying obstacles to find the truth behind her past, present and future.

If you want an innovative game that gets your heart pumping and brings a smile to your face then look no further. Many who've tried have discovered the brilliance behind the level design in this game. We challenge you to try Polara and not get pulled into the free flowing but always changing gameplay. Complexity in simplicity.

Chosen one of the top Platformers 2012 - TouchArcade.com http://bit.ly/ZAGjkY

4.5/5 TouchArcade.com **Game of the Week**
4.5/5 148app.com **Editor's Choice**

// FEATURES \\
- 50 unique and challenging story based levels
- 4 Major Boss Battles
- 5 beautiful environments
- 6 endless unlockable modes
- ABSOLUTELY NO IAPs - Fully complemented title
- Beautifully painted story artwork
- Extended play-through content as story levels unlock collectibles that make you play every level differently

HTWGames's comments:

Free version:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/polara-free/id799054823?ls=1&mt=8

10-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Don't forget everyone, Polara is released tomorrow! I hope you all dig it. We're just a small 3 man team working satellite across Canada and we're doing our best to bring you fun schtuff

PSSSSSST...the full trailer will be live sometime after midnight PST.

Cheers everyone!
10-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Fantastic video!
Glad to buy this and support fellow Canadians
Just Hope this Works....sorry guys someone had to say it!

10-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I look forward to playing this
10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I love the speed in that video.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Looks great and while there are a few other promising titles (especially Crazy Taxi) so far this is probably my only must buy.
10-10-2012, 01:00 PM
nice tron like look.

looks pretty intense.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
10-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Haha earlier I mentioned that the trailer will be released at midnight... Completely forgot it would be released in NZ basically a day early. Oops!
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I have the game now and i want to start with...

THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC.

I've only played the intro and the fist 2 story levels, and the game impressed me much.

I love the pin-up style art in story mode and most of the cutscenes, and the sounds are pretty good too, with nothing irritating to the ear.

The gameplay is a basic sidescrolling runner with 2 buttons, and these buttons felt too natural controls-wise. There's a jump button and a color-swap button on the left and right side of the screens, which you can exchange positions in the options menu.

What really impressed me is the level design and it's impact on the usage of the color-swap button. Basically, you have to match your suit's color to be immune to hazards of that color. The level designs look all too varied every step of the way, and these variations will really change the way you feel about 2-button runner games. It's the complex and brilliant level design that defines the gameplay, and it excels so much at that for me. With the spot-on controls, the platforming becomes natural right away.

This game also oozes with polish. You character isnt confined to limited animations. Instead, she moves fluidly and has different animations like slowing down, walking, flipping, floating and others in addition to the running and jumping. Also, this runner game has a real story line included in it, and not just an intro for each level. I cant say much about this, but from what i've seen so far, pretty well thought of and well-implemented.

Replaying levels gives you all new objectives like collecting colored-letters (match your color to collect) and picking up items.

Game content looks massive for a buck. There are 6 game modes to unlock, but i havent unlocked any yet. Plus, there are 32 GC achievements to aim for.

And for those wondering, I CANT FIND ANY IAP ON POLARA, which is why right now i raise a question why they are only selling it for a buck. This game deserves to be sold at a higher price, i'd say it's easily worth $3, maybe more.

The only thing is that there are ads on the loading screen... BUT ONLY ON THE LOADING SCREEN. I guess this may have influenced the $1 pricing, but so far it is in no way interfering with gameplay, and not a bit on the menus either. At least none that i noticed if there was any.

So far so good. I havent touched all of my purchases today, but this already looks to be my game of the week being the runner addict that i am.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 10-10-2012 at 04:56 PM.
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I have the game now and i want to start with...

THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC.
Nice review. You've got me sold. Although they obviously are very different, this looks to me like a runner that has the kind of substance that God of Blades was missing (yes, I played it, and still think it was lacking).

Bring on 11 p.m. EST!!!