★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Cave Shooter 2 (Universal) on SALE . 1.49 -> FREE

10-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Cave Shooter 2 (Universal) on SALE . 1.49 -> FREE

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cave-shooter-2/id468439814?mt=8&uo=4

Cave Shooter 2 (Universal)(iCade Support) is on sale for 69p (99c) for a limited Time due to the new release of our New Free Game PIRATE PERIL (endless runner/swimmer)so grab them both quick.enjoy and don't forget to rate it so we can keep bringing free content updates.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cave-shooter-2/id468439814?mt=8&uo=4

video -------
http://youtu.be/V0lTvirPVoM

Youtube link | Pop Up

video -------
http://youtu.be/V0lTvirPVoM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by big-boys-gadget-toys; 10-12-2012 at 12:41 PM.
10-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Interesting title, it's like naming a game Square RPG.

10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Does it only have the d-pad option? Not getting a shooter without relative touch even for free, even if it's good (can't find impressions anywhere, only the dev posts in the threads)

GameCenter: *kioshi*
Gameloft: kioshi
10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi there are virtual d pad and tilt controls.thanks for the interest. Look out for the huge update coming soon.thanks colyn
10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
Does it only have the d-pad option? Not getting a shooter without relative touch even for free, even if it's good (can't find impressions anywhere, only the dev posts in the threads)
I believe so, been a while since I last played this though, heck, I'll reload it on cause I got a lot of disk space since I deleted amazing spiderman for a future day.
10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
Well, since it is a big filesize, loaded it back up for you guys. Has gone through an update since I last played it.

Has joystick and tilt, problem is both have flaws.

Tilt has no calibration,so unless you like playing with you idevice flat, its impossible to play. I hate playing my ipad flat down, so it is not an option to me.

Joystick controls are way too big on ipad, so movement is not precise. Don't know about the iphone, but controls need work.

Anyway,that is the answer to your questions, hope the new 2.0 update coming soon will fix control issues. Cause it could be a good game. Wish they would add touch controls too, don't understand why they don't have it.
10-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks, Connector. I only play shooters on my iPad (actually I play almost everything on my iPad except KoF and some very casual stuff since I don't have time to play at work with my phone).
I can't bring myself to play a shooter without relative touch...

GameCenter: *kioshi*
Gameloft: kioshi
10-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi guys thanks for the input , file is is about 240meg reason beng down to the hand drawn caves.

Touch controls , tilt calibration , and better virtual controls all coming in the massive version 2 update.

Thanks again for your support and reviews.

Colyn (one man team , designer,coder,some graphics,sound so your reviews and support are really needed)
10-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-boys-gadget-toys View Post
Hi guys thanks for the input , file is is about 240meg reason beng down to the hand drawn caves.

Touch controls , tilt calibration , and better virtual controls all coming in the massive version 2 update.

Thanks again for your support and reviews.

Colyn (one man team , designer,coder,some graphics,sound so your reviews and support are really needed)
Cool looking forward to the new controls. The game looks very promising, it was mostly the controls that could use some work, but now with new controls, actually, I will be looking forward to trying it again.

I love shmups, and this one reminds me of the shooters of old, so definitely, will give this a chance after the update. Any idea when that update might be?
10-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi thanks connector for the praise , I'm still a few weeks off yet so can't give a definaterly date but hope it will be no later than mid November but will keep you posted.

Thanks again colyn