Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
I noticed that there are graphics options in the menu that allow you to reduce the resolution. I think that's a great idea to help scale the game to allow for more iphones/ipod touches/ipads to play the game, I wonder why it's not used more?
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even touch that setting and it runs pretty well on my 3GS (even though it states no support for it). Might try toggling down the resolution to see if it performs even better.

One thing I did question -- why does it take so incredibly long to "sign in"? If no one else is having an issue with really long sign-in times, then perhaps that is a 3GS issue. Once playing though, it's pretty fun and mostly lag free.

Oh, and someone might want to take NZ out of the title. It was out in the US last night.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I just LOVE it when developers limit their users to the small minority of people who have iOS 5 and up! Thank you so much for restricting everyone else from playing! Your strategy is great! Save a few hours on coding and just cut out half your possible users instead!

Do devs read those studies where it states that most gamers actually use older devices, with older iOS versions, gamers are often the people who don't update their iOS because they are worried to lose their game progress or fear that some of their favorite games won't be supported so also don't upgrade. It was something like 70% of people who update their iOS are users who don't play games on their device, or people who only have a handful of lame casual games like angry birds. So restricting a gameplay to iOS 5+ is basically limiting your reach by atleast 50%.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 PM

After playing for two hours, I must say, this is a great game. Fantastic looking, challenging gameplay. A few years ago, I would have spent a lot of money, for playing such a nice game in the arcade. Now I can play it for free on my Ipad3.Thanks to the dev.
Not working on my Ipad 1.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:00 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Great game, highly addictive and, most of all, a lot of fun!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:26 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

It says it does not support the iPad 1, but I downloaded it and it runs fine haha?!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
One thing I did question -- why does it take so incredibly long to "sign in"? If no one else is having an issue with really long sign-in times, then perhaps that is a 3GS issue. Once playing though, it's pretty fun and mostly lag free.
I think they labeld it wrong. Instead of Loading they labeld it with sign in. So what might look like some Signing in is more like an Loading and since this is pretty much the only Loading Time through the hole Game it`s quiet decent I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
I just LOVE it when developers limit their users to the small minority of people who have iOS 5 and up! Thank you so much for restricting everyone else from playing! Your strategy is great! Save a few hours on coding and just cut out half your possible users instead!
The small Minority? You actually realize that Apple is offering the higher Firmware (5.0+) since the iPhone 3GS?

Don`t get me wrong but more then two Years have passed since Apple had launched the 4.0 Firmware and it`s really time to upgrade your iDevice now...

Last edited by Sanuku; 10-13-2012 at 05:40 PM..
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

There's a lot of people who simply want freebies here, don't upgrade and still wanna act entitled, i.e.-children. What are you gonna do?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Just bought he double coin in app feature . I ve been playing the game for more than ten hours and wanted support the devs for that great game.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
Just bought he double coin in app feature . I ve been playing the game for more than ten hours and wanted support the devs for that great game.
Did the same. As a free game this is just Awesome, I haven't been able to put it down. Earning coins to upgrade to 10 000 is a bit tough, but this is such a good game I don't mind.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:45 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
Really nice game. Can anyone explain me, what the objectives bonus is? Still have 1% after several games.
You can view your objectives in the main menu. It's the trophy button. It also lists what the objectives are (smash x number of crabs, reach x level, etc). Each completed objective adds to the percentage. And I'm pretty sure the higher the percentage, the higher your score bonus.