App description: "Beach Buggy Blitz is an absolute triumph in iOS racing and will keep players glued to the screen"
- 148 Apps 4/5

Drive your hot-rod beach buggy as far as you can into the uncharted depths of a mysterious tropical island!

Swerve and smash through a gorgeously detailed and completely destructible world packed with Tiki statues, grass shacks, giant crabs and lava monsters. Explore sun-swept beaches, secret caves, fog-shrouded swamps, ruined temples and erupting volcanoes in this action-packed quest of discovery and mayhem!

Build a performance-boosting collection of upgrades and powerups! Unlock new vehicles like the Lightning muscle car and Rock Stomper monster truck. Upgrade your cars and customize their paint jobs. Collect wacky new characters. Unlock and upgrade amazing powerups like the fire-spitting Boost, the coin-tastic Coin Bubble, and a Shield that turns you into a unstoppable smash-everything force of destruction!

GAME FEATURES:

Infinite Drive Environment
Drive for miles and miles in a detailed procedural world that never plays the same way twice.

Tons of Unlockable Content
Unlock new cars and characters, upgrade cars, and improve your game with performance-boosting powerups and gadgets.

Intuitive controls
Easy to pick up and play, challenging to master. Supports tilt , touch-screen, and now game controllers!

Incredible physics
Detailed off-road powersliding physics with fully modeled, animated suspensions. From monster trucks to sports cars, every vehicle feels unique.

Game Center Enabled
Earn GameCenter Achievement points and compare your Leaderboard scores with your friends!

iCloud Support
With iCloud enabled, you can back up your save game and all your purchases, and even continue your game on multiple devices!

NOTICE TO PARENTS

Please be advised that it is possible to make In-App Purchases within Beach Buggy Blitz.

SUPPORT

If you encounter any problems running the game, please email a description of the issue, your device type and OS version to support@vectorunit.com. Thank you for your patience and support while we work to make this game 100% awesome.

Sanuku's comments:

10-25-2012, 12:34 AM
This game reminds me of Subway surfers somehow? Anyway it's got great game play. If you don't use in app purchases it can be a grind but that's half the fun of playing it.
10-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the haloween update. Stll a great game.

10-27-2012, 04:58 AM
this game on tegra devices wasn't much more of anything but a tech demo. there isn't much variety, depth to it but for those who just have to have it all, it's got a nice iap mode to it. but to be honest, you've got to be obsessed to either grind or do the iap on this one. its a fun play for 5 minutes but it has nothing past that.

visually, in comparing it to playing it on a nexus 7, it looked the same to me
10-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
this game on tegra devices wasn't much more of anything but a tech demo. there isn't much variety, depth to it but for those who just have to have it all, it's got a nice iap mode to it. but to be honest, you've got to be obsessed to either grind or do the iap on this one. its a fun play for 5 minutes but it has nothing past that.

visually, in comparing it to playing it on a nexus 7, it looked the same to me
It depends on what you are expecting.For me, tower defence games are boring.
But I love racers.I spent a lot of money playing the outrun arcade machine. There was no "depth" in the gameplay. Just racing, nice graphics and speed.
Call me crazy, but I played Beach Buggy for mor than 20 Hours until now.
10-27-2012, 05:40 AM
I think BBB deserves a 3.5/5. Gives you that "one more time addiction". Not much of depth though. But solid visuals, controls and gameplay mechanic makes this a must try.
10-27-2012, 06:20 AM
I just recently discovered that I love Vector Unit! beach buggy blitz, shine runner and riptide GP, These guys Rock. I personally love this game, Don't find it a grind, it's a fantastic looking game and plays smooth and fast. Really enjoyable.
12-12-2012, 02:05 AM
New location - the Himalayas! Coming to Android this week and iOS later on.

PS: More people should play this game. Fro free, you should at least give it a try. Pretty fun with sweet visuals.
12-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
More people should play this game. Fro free, you should at least give it a try. Pretty fun with sweet visuals.
Definitely. Played it a lot and I'm looking forward to the new location

Game Center: sink_or_swim
12-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Having played this to death on my old Htc one x i have to say that gtaphically the gap is wide, theres alot of things missing in ios versions like dynamic lights in caverns and real time shadowing. Also theres no motion blur at all.
Ios gpu should be able to handle these effects just fine since tegra is also texture fill rate and memory badnwidth crippled.
Beside that is the same game, good port.
12-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
Having played this to death on my old Htc one x i have to say that gtaphically the gap is wide, theres alot of things missing in ios versions like dynamic lights in caverns and real time shadowing. Also theres no motion blur at all.
Ios gpu should be able to handle these effects just fine since tegra is also texture fill rate and memory badnwidth crippled.
Beside that is the same game, good port.
I think that might just be the problem. I myself actually play this on my Tegra 3 tab instead of iPad (Vector Unit's games are the only ones I find run better on my Android tablet compared to the iPad!!! - and I'm talking in terms of smoothness).

The fact that some cool graphical elements (headlights, water splash, motion blur, real time shadows) are missing does cheapen the game on iOS and doesn't give it the "ooomph" it otherwise deserves in the graphics department.

Last edited by defred34; 12-12-2012 at 02:56 AM.