Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Eldude Eldude is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8
Default

This game reminds me of Subway surfers somehow? Anyway it's got great game play. If you don't use in app purchases it can be a grind but that's half the fun of playing it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Rudi Rudi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 464
Default

Thanks for the haloween update. Stll a great game.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-27-2012, 04:58 AM
ssahnan ssahnan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Default

this game on tegra devices wasn't much more of anything but a tech demo. there isn't much variety, depth to it but for those who just have to have it all, it's got a nice iap mode to it. but to be honest, you've got to be obsessed to either grind or do the iap on this one. its a fun play for 5 minutes but it has nothing past that.

visually, in comparing it to playing it on a nexus 7, it looked the same to me
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Rudi Rudi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
this game on tegra devices wasn't much more of anything but a tech demo. there isn't much variety, depth to it but for those who just have to have it all, it's got a nice iap mode to it. but to be honest, you've got to be obsessed to either grind or do the iap on this one. its a fun play for 5 minutes but it has nothing past that.

visually, in comparing it to playing it on a nexus 7, it looked the same to me
It depends on what you are expecting.For me, tower defence games are boring.
But I love racers.I spent a lot of money playing the outrun arcade machine. There was no "depth" in the gameplay. Just racing, nice graphics and speed.
Call me crazy, but I played Beach Buggy for mor than 20 Hours until now.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-27-2012, 05:40 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

I think BBB deserves a 3.5/5. Gives you that "one more time addiction". Not much of depth though. But solid visuals, controls and gameplay mechanic makes this a must try.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 AM
GPS GPS is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,264
Default

I just recently discovered that I love Vector Unit! beach buggy blitz, shine runner and riptide GP, These guys Rock. I personally love this game, Don't find it a grind, it's a fantastic looking game and plays smooth and fast. Really enjoyable.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

New location - the Himalayas! Coming to Android this week and iOS later on.



PS: More people should play this game. Fro free, you should at least give it a try. Pretty fun with sweet visuals.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 AM
sink_or_swim sink_or_swim is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
More people should play this game. Fro free, you should at least give it a try. Pretty fun with sweet visuals.
Definitely. Played it a lot and I'm looking forward to the new location
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 AM
KingpinZero KingpinZero is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 58
Default

Having played this to death on my old Htc one x i have to say that gtaphically the gap is wide, theres alot of things missing in ios versions like dynamic lights in caverns and real time shadowing. Also theres no motion blur at all.
Ios gpu should be able to handle these effects just fine since tegra is also texture fill rate and memory badnwidth crippled.
Beside that is the same game, good port.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
Having played this to death on my old Htc one x i have to say that gtaphically the gap is wide, theres alot of things missing in ios versions like dynamic lights in caverns and real time shadowing. Also theres no motion blur at all.
Ios gpu should be able to handle these effects just fine since tegra is also texture fill rate and memory badnwidth crippled.
Beside that is the same game, good port.
I think that might just be the problem. I myself actually play this on my Tegra 3 tab instead of iPad (Vector Unit's games are the only ones I find run better on my Android tablet compared to the iPad!!! - and I'm talking in terms of smoothness).

The fact that some cool graphical elements (headlights, water splash, motion blur, real time shadows) are missing does cheapen the game on iOS and doesn't give it the "ooomph" it otherwise deserves in the graphics department.

Last edited by defred34; 12-12-2012 at 02:56 AM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent