★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I thinks I smell updates!!!

06-16-2009, 02:06 PM
I thinks I smell updates!!!

I was surfing the app store on my ipod touch and several apps that have been in update limbo are currently unaccessible, including sparta, real racing, pocket god, sims 3 and more.Also a non game, tweetie, which was hit by the recently twitter apocalypse. Maybe this means apple is uploading the updates finally!!!!

Last edited by redking31591; 06-16-2009 at 02:08 PM.
06-16-2009, 02:10 PM
uhhh.....thats nice to know.....

06-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redking31591 View Post
I was surfing the app store on my ipod touch and several apps that have been in update limbo are currently unaccessible, including sparta, real racing, pocket god, sims 3 and more.Also a non game, tweetie, which was hit by the recently twitter apocalypse. Maybe this means apple is uploading the updates finally!!!!
I think it might mean the end of the world...but....we'll see...

1) Tried out AT&T tethering and did not have enough money for the pole.
2) Apple still hasn't fixed the no-hardware-keyboard bug.
3) Still can't use the "Cut" function on the AT&T bill...current 4.x issues
06-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackOfThePwned View Post
I think it might mean the end of the world...but....we'll see...
i dont want to DIE!!!!!!
06-16-2009, 02:12 PM
well aren't you just a happy camper. I was just trying to offer a possible light at the end of a tunnel for all of the loyal fans of these games that have been fed up at apple for taking so long on updating these apps.
06-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Welcome to the forums! But I'm not really sure what you are talking about, because those are accessible on my iPhone.
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
i've been hanging around the forums for a couple of months just never got around to posting so i know they can be rough. but on to other things when I click on them on my ipod over wifi they attempt to load but then show "your request could not be completed" I just thought it might mean updates because of of the affected apps have been waiting for updates.
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redking31591 View Post
Tweetie's update was pushed out last night. Apple gave it and Twitterific special consideration and got their updates within a day and a half.

The other updates you mention are taking time because apple is testing all apps on 3.0. Anything that doesn't work on 3.0 is being removed from the appstore until they are updated. I know of a few more updates that have been in Apple's hands for more than 2 weeks.

It's all a matter of patience
06-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yournothere View Post
i dont want to DIE!!!!!!
-lmao-

yeah the Twitterific thing was kinda rough

no twitter use for 2 weeks....you mean i have to go to the website to tweet? what the

but yeah

welcome to the Forums
and hopefully over the next week, the trickle of app updates will start flowing again..hopefully with actual content updates but at least with 3.0 compatibility
06-16-2009, 02:25 PM
i'm not the only one. look at this post on gizmodo. http://gizmodo.com/5292856/itunes-ap...aving-problems