★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aevum Obscurum & Lite

06-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Aevum Obscurum & Lite

Has anyone tried this as of yet?

I do enjoy this type of game, and did give the lite version a shot and it seems to lack some depth, while being deeper than your ordinary Risk clone in that army size, gold, and reinforcements come in to play.

I do not think it is worth $5, perhaps 1.99 to 2.99.

Anyone else have a take on this?

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
06-16-2009, 08:56 PM
link?

06-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Sorry, new to the forums and not up on how to link to the app store yet.

But yup, that is the one.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
06-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Haha, theone posted it and you said "But yup, that is the one." .
06-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkieSuthorn View Post

I do enjoy this type of game, and did give the lite version a shot and it seems to lack some depth, while being deeper than your ordinary Risk clone in that army size, gold, and reinforcements come in to play.

Munkie!
not have yet. how about have a try? or how do you know whether its worth $5. come on!
06-18-2009, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkieSuthorn View Post

Munkie!
Been playing this game for a while now, possibly the best strategy game in my app collection. Very slick, polished and makes a change from the TD and Hex based games. I want to see more games of this ilk. How do you know this game isn't worth $5 if you only played the demo? This game is worth every cent and more.

You are right in saying it's simular to Risk, but your wrong in saying the game seems to lack depth; It's more on pair if you crossed Galcon with Defender of the Crown or Axis and Allies (minus the resource points). The sheer number of AI players makes this game what it is. I want to see the developer make the multiplayer patch, but if people keep complaining about prices being high, what incentive is there to develop?

If you lived in an underdeveloped economy then you have a real reason to be pissed but 5 bucks is 5 bucks, thatís a burger, a pint (or half of one anyway)