★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sales Stats Roundup 1st half 09

06-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Sales Stats Roundup 1st half 09

Just wanted to share my post on a bunch of shared stats from various developers.

Some good, some okay and some bad sales in there.

Round up of recently shared stats

Thanks to all the devs that shared their stats!
06-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalcadegames View Post
Just wanted to share my post on a bunch of shared stats from various developers.

Some good, some okay and some bad sales in there.

Round up of recently shared stats

Thanks to all the devs that shared their stats!
Hi there, thanks for the info. Wish more devs would post their stats though, we'd have more concrete predictions on trends.

I'm all for disproving the appstore-goldmine theory, and I believe such data helps greatly. Cheers!

06-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponofchoice View Post
Hi there, thanks for the info. Wish more devs would post their stats though, we'd have more concrete predictions on trends.

I'm all for disproving the appstore-goldmine theory, and I believe such data helps greatly. Cheers!
I feel like a noob, whats this theory you talk about?

1GiT
plus+: jTE
06-18-2009, 12:55 PM
I think it depends on what you consider a goldmine. Personally, as an indie developer, I would be very happy consistently selling 50-100 copies a day, which for a $0.99 app would be about $15-20k per year after Apple's cut. I would be lying to myself if I thought that an extra $15-20k wouldn't do me any good. Too many developers try to compare themselves to Flight Control and Pocket God.

Visit us at http://www.touchsmiths.com!
Follow us on Twitter!
Tipix 1.3 is OUT NOW! Loco Moto is OUT NOW!
06-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchsmiths View Post
I think it depends on what you consider a goldmine. Personally, as an indie developer, I would be very happy consistently selling 50-100 copies a day, which for a $0.99 app would be about $15-20k per year after Apple's cut. I would be lying to myself if I thought that an extra $15-20k wouldn't do me any good. Too many developers try to compare themselves to Flight Control and Pocket God.
That money really adds up.

Imagine 10 apps at 200 per day - 2,000 sales per day x.70 = $1,400 in net revenue, which equals = $42,000 per month and $504,000 per year.

Not bad, but nothing compared to those making hundreds of thousands per month.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
06-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Sparta stats

hey Kris, any plans to share sales stats on Sparta?
06-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Quote:
I'd like to second that light-hearted request .. it'd really be of help to a lot of us.
06-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchsmiths View Post
Sure, 15-20k sounds great, but that'd depend on you selling 50-100+ copies a day for an entire year, which would then depend on you being on atleast one of the top 100 lists.
Hoping to sell 100+ copies a day per title consistently(a year would seem like a stretch) is becoming increasingly difficult.
It *was* possible a while back, I'd doubt such hopes would be valid as we move into 2010...

It's the numbers really, we'll have some 2000 (if not more) *great* titles battling for 100*10(categories) slots... (again, you'd already know that a majority of those titles are battling for 3-5[action,adventure,arcade,puzzle,rpg..] of those 10 slots)

Last edited by weaponofchoice; 06-19-2009 at 09:03 AM.
06-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Quote:
I'd love to and I will, eventually. I am obligated to hold on to that information until the end of June due to a request of a recent partner.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
06-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to daveak
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponofchoice View Post

the appstore-goldmine theory is sound, there is a sign outside saying goldmine, however the mine only contains salt, at least in my experience In a month I have only sold around 40 for my first app with sales seemingly dried up, a couple of others have sold less than double figures in the 3-4 weeks they have been available.

Alpha Numeric - Find words and solve sums against the clock.