★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ability for a thread starter to delete the thread

11-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Ability for a thread starter to delete the thread

This should be considered. It would help control obscene behavior in touchy subjects if the starter of the thread could delete it.
12-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
This should be considered. It would help control obscene behavior in touchy subjects if the starter of the thread could delete it.
I agree. Lots of posts I make turn out to be doubles, so I have to get corrected instead of being able to remove it myself.

Please arn, add this feature somehow.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

12-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Good idea. Also would keep down on the amount needed for the server.
12-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
Good idea. Also would keep down on the amount needed for the server.
Wrong. Threads don't get deleted off the server right away. And they take up VERY LITTLE space

This would be a terrible idea, IMO. I say just get some people to moderate the forums. Or just let them CLOSE the threads

Having members with the ability to delete threads is just a terrible terrible idea.
12-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post
Wrong. Threads don't get deleted off the server right away. And they take up VERY LITTLE space

This would be a terrible idea, IMO. I say just get some people to moderate the forums. Or just let them CLOSE the threads

Having members with the ability to delete threads is just a terrible terrible idea.
True. So I was being a tad over the top with the whole server thing. It is still true, but only to a ridiculous amount. A really stupid thing to say lol :P ><
but were all guilty of it sometimes.
Re-thinking the idea I have decided that it would be a bad idea. It's not just you who has said something etc.
And having a doubled up thread is not always bad. Sometimes it is good to have a refresh
12-10-2008, 02:31 AM
Not any thread, just the ones that you created.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

12-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
Not any thread, just the ones that you created.
To be more clear the ones BarringtonSoftware has created...kidding!...Seriously though, you have the knack for double-threading...
12-10-2008, 03:05 AM
I have done it a few times and even tried editing it to say another random thing don't work

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-10-2008, 03:18 AM
This should definitly be implemented. But the power should not be given to members, but the thread starter as mentioned in the OP. Some random person (maybe EDNG? he's got the knack for this kinda thing ) will start deleting random threads with no reason.
I think this should be done with posts as well, so that people can delete their own posts..
12-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post

I don't think it's necessarily a terrible idea but I do agree with you that we need some moderators.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge