★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Anytime Golf: Lite Edition now available ($free)

06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Anytime Golf: Lite Edition now available ($free)

Hey folks, the free/lite/preview version of Anytime Golf just went live on the app store: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317854103&mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up

The full version is "Anytime Golf: Magic Touch" which sells for $0.99: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=315050314&mt=8

Last edited by salsamd; 06-16-2009 at 11:38 PM.
06-16-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm downloading the lite now. I'm kinda dissapointed with Let's Golf so far, so who knows, maybe this will lead to a sale for you

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Ok, so far its pretty decent. I definitely like the swing mechanic better than Let's Golf's...a few early gripes though

-landscape mode is needed
-I'm not a girl
-If your in a sand trap, that doesn't mean you can only hit a sandwedge effectively

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
06-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'm downloading the lite now. I'm kinda dissapointed with Let's Golf so far, so who knows, maybe this will lead to a sale for you
How is that even possible? Especially at 99cents...
06-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OahuSurf View Post
How is that even possible? Especially at 99cents...
I mean, it was certainly worth it at that price, but some of the basic gameplay mechanics seem flawed to me. I guess I'm looking for more of a "sim" rather than "arcade" golf game

Btw...you surf?

06-17-2009, 01:54 AM
tiger = sim
let's golf = arcade

if you want a sim, tiger is what you are looking for.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
06-17-2009, 03:05 AM
i wonder whether it is OK for those who cannot play golf? or it is only 4 the golfers?
06-17-2009, 03:06 AM
YOU tell me its FREE! stop with your horrid posts!

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
06-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
-I'm not a girl
It may be wrong for me to do so, but I always laugh whenever I see people say this about our game. There's like 2 reviews on the app store where people slam the game because you can only play as a girl.

The simple answer for why you're a girl in Anytime Golf is resources. This was a zero-budget title made by two guys in their spare time. For those who don't make games and don't understand the effort involved: it's really freakin hard to make a character model that doesn't completely suck... and then animate it! It would have been a ton of work to make two character models and two animation sets. So we asked, "should we make a guy model or a girl model?" And the decision was to make a girl model.

But really it came down to this: Would you rather play golf as a dude or as Lara Croft?

And there you have the real answer. :-)

We might offer an update in the future with a male golfer though... It's not off the table.
06-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Ok, so far its pretty decent. I definitely like the swing mechanic better than Let's Golf's...a few early gripes though

-landscape mode is needed
-I'm not a girl
-If your in a sand trap, that doesn't mean you can only hit a sandwedge effectively

I can hit my driver out of a sand trap if necessary It makes a huge divot, but it is very useful. Using your driver out of the bunker may be a possible feature that you might want to add in an update.