★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Alife Presents VERMINATOR!

06-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Alife Presents VERMINATOR!

Download now on the iTunes Store!
Download Link

Turn the tables on menacing vermin! They’ve been “bugging” you for long enough, so now it’s time to show them who’s boss! Squish, drag or split them apart for a quick death-or take your time and perform careful dissections! Hold them at your mercy, making sure they feel your wrath as you become the ultimate VERMINATOR!

Game Features

-Persistent and intelligent vermin that can endure prolonged torture
-Extremely lifelike big cockroaches, babies and eggs to “hunt”
-Track down the vermin using the touch screen and accelerometer, and drag off different body parts using the multi-touch feature
-Make them tremble by shaking your device or blowing into the mic
-Torment the bug by dragging it around or if you are feeling nice, give it a quick death by tapping
-10 challenging stages with specific tasks to complete
-Unleash your rage and kill freely in bonus stages
-Super realistic, insanely disgusting and highly entertaining crunching, squishing, and oozing sound effects to accompany the “kill”!
-Upload scores and share progress with friends on social networking sites

Last edited by ALife Dev Team; 06-18-2009 at 01:06 PM.
06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Verminator

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Intriguing... yet slightly disturbing? I'm guessing your the dev. I'd advise you add a link and screenshots.

Edit: Ol' breakfast got the link covered.
06-17-2009, 05:58 AM
Yeah, that's Artificial Life. I just played the game, and yes ... it's slightly disturbing. Challenging though, it's not just a single-screen tap-and-kill bug squisher. We've seen those before. You have to scroll around to find the scurrying little bastards, preferably within the bonus objective's time limit (but definitely the game time limit), and then tap (repeatedly), drag, or multi-touch to, um ... dissect. Piece. by. piece. Big roaches, baby roaches, grubs...

Pulling wings off flies? Psh. How 'bout the wings, legs, and eventually, the abdomen?

And the buggers are fast and react pretty much like roaches do when startled or touched, so it's not so simple a task killing them. Just like real life in a Jersey tenement.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Verminator.........is it based on the TV show from Discovery? In that case I demand a Mythbusters app!!!

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
06-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Verminator.........is it based on the TV show from Discovery? In that case I demand a Mythbusters app!!!
No, it isn't -- but don't let that stop anyone from petitioning for a Mythbusters game.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm digging the game so far.

The roaches look really realistic and the game has more objectives and direction then other bug squashing games I've played.
06-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Hey Touch Arcade Users,

Our first posting has now been updated with pictures to satisfy the Verminator in you all.

Also, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them and I will respond to them with the best of my knowledge.

Thank You,
Alife Dev Team
06-18-2009, 01:00 PM
a link to the app store and if u have a video one to uTube would be nice too
06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Aha, I don't like roaches