★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: How would you make Touch Grind better?

View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with the way Touch Grind is now?
Perfect. Don't change a thing. 0 0%
Could use some minor tweaks. 0 0%
Add some new features and do some tweaking. 4 50.00%
Needs a whole lot of work. 2 25.00%
I don't have Touch Grind. 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
11-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
How would you make Touch Grind better?

What features, fixes and improvements have you emailed the guys behind Touch Grind about?

Also, are there guys from Illusion Labs in the forums? It would be nice if there were
11-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Well, I haven't emailed them about this, but I wish there were more camera angles. I also think the symbols for rails and ramps need to flash red right when we should ollie onto them. Right now, it's too hard to tell when is the right time so I always end up running into the rail or not getting close enough.

I also think the area that you skate in needs to be bigger so you don't always run into the fence. It's way too small right now

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

11-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
Well, I haven't emailed them about this, but I wish there were more camera angles. I also think the symbols for rails and ramps need to flash red right when we should ollie onto them. Right now, it's too hard to tell when is the right time so I always end up running into the rail or not getting close enough.

I also think the area that you skate in needs to be bigger so you don't always run into the fence. It's way too small right now
I agree. Or a distance measurement on the symbols.

Do you skate in warm-up mode or competition/jam session modes? The competition/jam session map is much bigger. It's strange they have a warm-up mode and a jam session mode because they're essentially the same thing.
11-28-2008, 10:49 PM
3D Graphics of a character skateboarding and a third person view

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
11-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
The symbols flash once you get close, then transparent when they are about to be onscreen, then invisible when they are onscreen or barely out of screen.
11-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
3D Graphics of a character skateboarding and a third person view
Unless they did it right, I think a 3D character would kill the experience. It's supposed to be you skating, not someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
The symbols flash once you get close, then transparent when they are about to be onscreen, then invisible when they are onscreen or barely out of screen.
Really? Thanks for the tip. I noticed they kind "pop" when you're close but I didn't know about the transparency. Really good to know.

Now, about maybe a better view, it would be nice to have something where you could press and hold to momentarily see a view from the back of the board. This would be hard to pull off, but nice.
11-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:

Do you skate in warm-up mode or competition/jam session modes? The competition/jam session map is much bigger. It's strange they have a warm-up mode and a jam session mode because they're essentially the same thing.
I've used all the different modes. I still think it's too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
I've never noticed that they flash...

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
11-28-2008, 11:17 PM
new ideas

I wrote the developers and threw a few ideas their way.....now rememeber that the game is a touchboard game not a real skate game...dont try to change the game into something else.

I suggested that they:
add a level of endless rails ---like one that goes on forever to practice on.
add a level with either a 1/2 pipe or an empty pool that you cannot leave.

new moves I suggested were:
having the ability to use 1 finger off the board to "walk" it faster
the ability to tick-tac
the ability to powerslide
the ability to nollie

move I just thought of.

Stalls ----tail stalls would be nice

New level ideas:
A cool adventure level would be nice ----kind of like a trail on rails where you have to jump and do tricks when certain obsticles get in your way and doing tricks get you extra points instead of just an ollie--like jumping puddles.....pencils..erasers....just like I used to do with my old finger boards ----A downhill level with huge hits would be nice as well ....with lots of air to get some good spin in and room to land it as well! I have so many ideas.

Collection levels where you are on rails again but you have to time your jumps to get "stuff" ---like a "t" then an "o" then a "u" and so forth ---what cha think?
11-28-2008, 11:19 PM
I have a ton of things, and will eventually compile them all, but one thing that kills me is the mechanics of coming off a rail into a trick. Maybe 20% of the time I can pull that off.
11-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Quote:
I have a ton of things, and will eventually compile them all, but one thing that kills me is the mechanics of coming off a rail into a trick. Maybe 20% of the time I can pull that off.

I totally agree....landing off the rail needs improvement