★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: have fun with chinese painting iLotus

06-17-2009, 01:04 AM
have fun with chinese painting iLotus

Hi everybody,

I just updated my app iLotus V1.1 this Monday, and am waiting for the approval. If anybody in the forum can give me some review or advice about my app, that would be appreciated. Frankly, V1.0 did not sell well.

iTunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=316684107&mt=8&s=143441

iLotus shows you a beautiful traditional Chinese painting. Displays a vivid lotus pond with frogs’ croaking on your iPhone and iPod touch, elegant, graceful and really true to life, as if you are in the nature.

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oksTRs24Leo

Enjoy iLotus with your family or your friends this summer.
Tap the screen to get interactive effects. Make a contest with your family or your friends now, to see who is able to find all the interactive places.

06-17-2009, 01:25 AM
It looks ok... somewhat similar to Koi Pond, I think. Interesting idea.

I think I'll wait for reviews but it does look good. Is there an option to add rain/thunderstorms, if there is I'll be getting it

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

Last edited by 5duc29; 06-17-2009 at 01:27 AM.

06-17-2009, 01:27 AM
feel a little boring. im attracted by the first sight, the beautiful pic, but a few minutes later, i find it not so interesting. the music is not so good, and the pic are too few. not various, i say
06-17-2009, 01:49 AM
Looks like you have a good start here... I would add some gentle music with light rain or zen bowls, or music with chimes a la zen bound. I'd tone down the frog croaking and/or vary it... add crickets and other nature sounds... have the petals fall into water and be able to affect the water.. Just off the top of my head.
06-17-2009, 06:19 AM
I love the 对联 on it, though i can't make out the last two characters on the first verse.
湖里荷花百——,温馨如雾碧如天。
07-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I love the 对联 on it, though i can't make out the last two characters on the first verse.
湖里荷花百——,温馨如雾碧如天。
It is "湖里荷花百顷田,温馨如雾绿如天". And we made a spelling mistake, 碧 should be 绿, which I corrected in v1.1.
07-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Hi everybody,

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

*add rain/thunderstorms
* the music is not so good, and the pic are too few. not various
*add some gentle music with light rain or zen bowls, or music with chimes a la zen bound. I'd tone down the frog croaking and/or vary it... add crickets and other nature sounds... have the petals fall into water and be able to affect the water..

I will take them and improve it in the later version.

BTW, iLotus V1.1 was approved today, about 3 weeks after the app was submitted.