★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

JAM: Jets Aliens Missiles by Forest Moon ->Free

10-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
JAM: Jets Aliens Missiles by Forest Moon ->Free

Good game with an update out that adds a button control option
Vertical movement only FYI, deal with it
10-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks for posting. Had thought about getting this some time down the line.

10-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Kind of glad I waited. Not a bad game and I'll give it some more time, but should have read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Vertical movement only FYI, deal with it
Not that that's bad thing, but after playing so many shmups, it's a little weird to get used to.
10-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Not that that's bad thing, but after playing so many shmups, it's a little weird to get used to.
I think it works pretty well. I thought Neoteria was pretty awesome too, pre-joystick 360 control update. What's funny is that it seems to be marginally acceptable when it's a vertical shooter, but people scoff when it's a horizontal shooter with single axis control. Anyway, I guess maybe I'm in the minority thinking it works on iOS. I think you just have to go into it with a different mindset.
10-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Anyway, I guess maybe I'm in the minority thinking it works on iOS. I think you just have to go into it with a different mindset.
Haven't played it much yet so I'm going to give it some more time. I guess it is difficult coming from games like Toon Shooter and even going all the back to the days of playing R-Type.

If the game grows on me, then I'll be a convert.
10-14-2012, 08:08 PM
This game reminds me of Robotech with the targeting system also how the missiles fire. The movement targeting are a little different than a regular shmup, but that is refreshing since it is new.

I think the game is cool, if you like shmups, would definitely recommend to try it. Don't know if you will love it, but give it a try for sure.
10-14-2012, 08:09 PM
I liked this lots through the first stage, then completely lost interest once I hit the second and realised the enemies were just (barely) re-skins of the ones in the first, AI and all. A lazy effort, not surprised to see it free already.
10-14-2012, 09:17 PM
I bought this game about a week ago.
It was worth the $.99 I paid for it. Definetly worth the download in my opinion.
10-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I liked this lots through the first stage, then completely lost interest once I hit the second and realised the enemies were just (barely) re-skins of the ones in the first, AI and all. A lazy effort, not surprised to see it free already.
Aww, there are new enemies added each stage. Some of them are quite tricky, like the one that as armor which deflects bullets and missiles. Stage 5 which has them all gets really hard due to their differences.

But if you feel that was a lazy effort, then I apologize. Hard for a one-man shop to try to compete nowadays.
10-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Also, I am working on adding in a slick new Helicopter as an update. It supports full vertical and horizontal movement, which I am really liking so far. Plus 3 new weapons for it as well.