★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Final Run - [By Rotor Games] - $2.99 --> FREE

10-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Final Run - [By Rotor Games] - $2.99 --> FREE

Now FREE.

Last edited by omerkarakaya; 10-15-2012 at 10:00 PM.
10-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks! Especially for the iCade support! I’m checking it out now.

How do I make the game start? I’m on the map and it says “Game progress 0.0%” but there’s nothing I can tap other than the Back button. EDIT: I see—the white strips I thought were just titles are are buttons too. Interesting game so far, although I’d probably do better with the tilt controls instead of iCade.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)

Last edited by Adams Immersive; 10-16-2012 at 02:22 AM.

10-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Hey thanks guys!

Final Run is free today in celebration of our upcoming update, version 1.1. The new version will introduce support for the 60beat GamePad (http://www.60beat.com/category_s/73.htm) and for Game Dock (http://iosgamedock.com/).

1.1 will also improve the usability and gives you an overview of which goals you have achieved per level directly from the Level Select view. It also introduces archievements, retina support, nice graphics improvements and many other smaller and bigger changes to make sure the game stays enjoyable

The game is really massive, so have fun and let us know what you think

ROTOR GAMES dutch independent video game developer est 2010.

In development of "Final Run", 3D 3rd person driving action game for iOS since January 2011. Scheduled for release mid-February! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook!
10-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Wish more people would get this

To me its one of the most underated games this year so far, a great small filesize, very nice graphics, a great story throughout the game. If you love Carmegeddon then you should get this for sure
10-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Wish more people would get this

To me its one of the most underated games this year so far, a great small filesize, very nice graphics, a great story throughout the game. If you love Carmegeddon then you should get this for sure
Yeah, it's a fun game with a nice story. But it's kind of the polar opposite of Carmegeddon if you ask me. Carmegeddon has little to no story with all the focus on action and gore. This game has action, but is not your run-of-the mill action arcade game.

That's not a bad thing by any means as that makes this game quite a bit different and deeper. It's just not a pick-up-and-kill arcade game.

They're nice companions with Carmegeddon for your quick fix and Final Run for a more story-oriented experience.
10-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotor View Post
Hey thanks guys!

Final Run is free today in celebration of our upcoming update, version 1.1. The new version will introduce support for the 60beat GamePad (http://www.60beat.com/category_s/73.htm) and for Game Dock (http://iosgamedock.com/).

1.1 will also improve the usability and gives you an overview of which goals you have achieved per level directly from the Level Select view. It also introduces archievements, retina support, nice graphics improvements and many other smaller and bigger changes to make sure the game stays enjoyable

The game is really massive, so have fun and let us know what you think
Awesome. Thanks very much.
10-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Wow, is this ever turning out to be a hidden little gemmy surprise...

Only complaints after playing for about 30 minutes:

I wish it had a radar, and I wish that radar highlighted what you're supposed to be doing (squishing all the cacti for example).

Other than that, color me impressed!

DBC

I could never give up.
10-19-2012, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and kind words! We really try to take on all the suggestions we can, we do like to change the direction of the combat experience to be more dynamic, without having to rely on the respawn function. I will have to look into our possibilities to fit such functionality in the design.

We have been really happy with the response for the free download offer last Tuesday, it has been really inspiring for me personally to push story driven games more to the mobile market

ROTOR GAMES dutch independent video game developer est 2010.

In development of "Final Run", 3D 3rd person driving action game for iOS since January 2011. Scheduled for release mid-February! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook!