Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-18-2012, 11:46 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
And if i have job classes resembling warriors and rogue-types, how the hell do you get past that boss mentioned above without silence?
escape the area, and choose the job class that does allow for silence, then go back to early areas and grind until you're able to use silence...

??

fun fun.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
care to toss me a hint as to which job allows you to cast silence?

And thanks for the tips...
Tier 1 - Magician, first skill
Old 10-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

^^ Yeah, I'm sorry but if the game was intentionally designed that way (which I suspect it wasn't and still hope it's a problem with the build released on the iOS), that's an incredibly poor design for an RPG.

As I mentioned, I gave up on this early because I suspected something must be wrong. Clearly, SV has put a lot more time into it and is still having issues.

If a VERY early battle with level 2 characters has you running into creatures that poison/freeze you and you can't do any damage AT ALL to them, that's a sign of a game that isn't worth putting the effort into (at least for me). Fights where fleeing is the only option are not fun. And not a single Kemco RPG has come even close to being that unbalanced or insanely difficult.

And, frankly, if Kemco comes back and says that is part of the design, then I will feel cheated and will not sacrifice my life just to get through the early parts of the game even if it does get "easier" later. I sincerly doubt that's the case though and hope it's addressed.

Last edited by awp69; 10-18-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarash View Post
Tier 1 - Magician, first skill
Well, nice, so if you played the game with any other job, it'd be an epic fail. you shouldn't have to keep changing jobs to defeat various enemies. As E-P mentioned, part of the fun of RPGs is playing through the game with various skill sets, etc. Running into a wall because you didn't chose a certain job is plain stupid.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I'm curious what Kemco's answer is to SV's message. If this all isn't a mistake, I'll be a bit disappointed in Kemco...
Old 10-18-2012, 09:42 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I'm terribly sorry about that situation.

I've played the whole game too, and I remember it was tough at the
beginning if you don't beat the dungeons in their difficulty orders, but
I didn't feel it too unbalanced. (Sometimes bosses also have their own
way to be beaten.)

Please let me investigate the situation first, and I will try to give
you some feedback as soon as possible (Maybe around start of next week).

Anyway, thank you for reporting us your sincere feedback!

Best regards,

=o/

And to the previous tips added, I entered another area (thought it was the area I was looking for, but apparently not), and came across another boss (Dark Mask) that is just insanely difficult. I'm guessing I'll have to try and figure out what jobs all of my characters need to have (because they definitely are NOT the same as the jobs needed to get through the area's monsters), and then grind more so I can level up those jobs after I figure out which ones are required to beat that boss...

Yeah, I'm loosing interest. I still need to make it through the area of that other boss I was initially having issues with before trying to silence it... Good news there, I already leveled up my magic character enough to use silence, so whenever I do, it shouldn't take TOO long. =o/

I'll be sure and share what they say in the next e-mail.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

"I remember it was tough at the beginning if you don't beat the dungeons in their difficulty orders"

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Just trying to travel to one of the four towns in the first part of the game .... you can easily run into a random encounter that will wipe you out.

I just find it odd that there's just no comparison in the difficulty compared to other Kemco games. So if it's not some sort of anti-piracy issue or bug and this is the real deal, then I'd put this in a box and lock it away. Then have to question whether to buy Kemco games day one ever again. Of course, this was only a buck, but it's still disappointing.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
=o/

... came across another boss (Dark Mask) that is just insanely difficult.
I was stumped for ages too. When u have 2 skill orbs, try wind + ice or fire + lightning, one of the Civilian houses in town gave a clue to that boss
Old 10-18-2012, 10:55 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarash View Post
I was stumped for ages too. When u have 2 skill orbs, try wind + ice or fire + lightning, one of the Civilian houses in town gave a clue to that boss
Thanks... I'm bound n determined to understand this one. I've sunk 6 hours into it now, and I just can't let myself give up on it...

If whatever it is finally clicks, I'll be sure and let you guys know...

But even right now, job experimentation, leveling up, and grinding all sound essential ATM...
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Alright. I give up. I spent the last 2 hours grinding so I could level up two characters wind and ice job classes, all so that I could go against the Dark Mask guy again (yeah, wind and ice is what the people in town told me to use) - and he killed EVERY single person in my team on the first go. Each character is a level 32 now, and I'm STILL just having my ass handed to me.

Screw it, I give up... total waste of time and effort.