Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-16-2012, 05:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

In German:

Man hat Karten auf der Hand, die aus zwei Feldern bestehen. Die Karten werden abwechselnd auf das Spielfeld gelegt. Man muss versuchen, Flächen mit gleicher Farbe auszubauen. Ab einer bestimmten Größe, baut man eine Pagode, ab einer weiteren Größe eine Doppelpagode. Wenn man mit seinen Flächen an ein Dorf grenzt (die sind auf dem Spielplan vorhanden), erobert man das Dorf! Grenzt auch ein anderer Spieler an das gleiche Dorf, kann er es erobern, wenn sein Land größer ist!

Das Spiel endet, wenn man keine Pagoden mehr auf der Hand hat.

I hope someone will understand this and maybe translate ... this is a short version.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

This seems like a nice addition to the Knizia lineup. A light T&E is exactly what I want for a quick game on the go. This should fit perfectly between Alien frontier and Ascension if plays as I hope.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
This seems like a nice addition to the Knizia lineup. A light T&E is exactly what I want for a quick game on the go. This should fit perfectly between Alien frontier and Ascension if plays as I hope.
I agree, but i wish it was universal. I don't usually stuff my ipad down my back pocket. Hopefully they'll update but I can't find anything about it. Waiting for impressions/reviews, before taking the time to learn the game. I have to many great boardgames installed that I haven't spent enough time to learn properly...

//Pedroapan
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroapan View Post
I agree, but i wish it was universal. I don't usually stuff my ipad down my back pocket. Hopefully they'll update but I can't find anything about it. Waiting for impressions/reviews, before taking the time to learn the game. I have to many great boardgames installed that I haven't spent enough time to learn properly...

//Pedroapan
There is a trailer of the game on the website www.elately.com
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This is definitely a keeper. Like many Knizia games, it seems deceptively simple, but has a lot of strategic depth. It seems to have a really nice balance of simple mechanics vs. deep strategy. The UI and polish are also quite good. Recommended.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This is definitely a keeper. Like many Knizia games, it seems deceptively simple, but has a lot of strategic depth. It seems to have a really nice balance of simple mechanics vs. deep strategy. The UI and polish are also quite good. Recommended.
Sounds good!

Have you tried multiplayer? Is it Async as well as Pass'n'play? Is there ELO-ranking? Random opponents or just GC-friends? Ingame chat?

Would love a full scale review of this one.

//Pedroapan
Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroapan View Post
Sounds good!

Have you tried multiplayer? Is it Async as well as Pass'n'play? Is there ELO-ranking? Random opponents or just GC-friends? Ingame chat?

Would love a full scale review of this one.

//Pedroapan
Those are all good questions, but it would take me some time to answer them, as I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer. It may be a while...if someone else doesn't answer, I'll try to later.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This is a nice tile laying game with simple rules but nevertheless some strategy involved. I played two games yet, the first with the easy AI - I lost! So I think the computer is quite competent The second with two friends pass-and-play.
The player who places all his huts first, wins. You have a hand of three random tiles who show two squares of three colors, from which you place one next to another tile or the three colored start fields. Two or more connected squares with one color are provinces, you may place a hut on a province. When your province is 5 squares or more, you place a second hut there, and it cannot be conquered anymore by another player (a province can be taken away by a connected enemy territory of the same color that is bigger). There are neutral squares called villages on the board; if you have the majority of huts on the squares next to them, you can place another hut there. But if that majority changes, the village also goes to another player. The complete rules can be downloaded on BGG.

I cannot imagine this game on an iPod or iPhone, the game board is simply too big. It just fits on the iPad screen.

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 10-16-2012 at 09:12 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

A very solid implementation of a clearly RK styled game. If forced to sum up in a nutshell it's Ingenious meets T&E. Using two segmented domino pieces with each segment taking 1 of 3 possible colors, your task is to claim the most territories. Note that the goal isn't actually to control the most space on the board, but be the first to use up all of your territory markers. So while a big territory would keep you safe from being absorbed, several smaller territories would actually serve this goal better but at the cost of being more vulnerable to takeover. How do you balance these two opposing aspects?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Sounds interesting. I may have to pick this up. Could use a deal on iTunes gift cards.