Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
In German:

Man hat Karten auf der Hand, die aus zwei Feldern bestehen. Die Karten werden abwechselnd auf das Spielfeld gelegt. Man muss versuchen, Flächen mit gleicher Farbe auszubauen. Ab einer bestimmten Größe, baut man eine Pagode, ab einer weiteren Größe eine Doppelpagode. Wenn man mit seinen Flächen an ein Dorf grenzt (die sind auf dem Spielplan vorhanden), erobert man das Dorf! Grenzt auch ein anderer Spieler an das gleiche Dorf, kann er es erobern, wenn sein Land größer ist!

Das Spiel endet, wenn man keine Pagoden mehr auf der Hand hat.

I hope someone will understand this and maybe translate ... this is a short version.
Roughly translated:

You have cards in your hand which consist of two fields. Players alternate placing cards on the field. You have to try to expand areas of the same color. When you reach a certain size, you can build a pagoda. When you reach a larger size, you can build a second pagoda. If your land borders a village (which are built-in to the board) you capture the village. If another player also borders that village, he can conquer it if his land is bigger.

The game ends when you have placed all of your pagodas.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Looks like a really good game.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/reiner-knizias-qin/review

Pedroapan
Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

After some games I have to say the AI Player are really good. There are four different AI Player ... even the Beginner is a good player if you are new to the game.

You can play many games the same time SP & MP ... if you start the App you can select which game you want to continue.

After around 15 games I had no crashes or problems so far! I can only say, if you like games like T&E or Carcassonne then you should pick it up!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
This is a nice tile laying game with simple rules but nevertheless some strategy involved. I played two games yet, the first with the easy AI - I lost! So I think the computer is quite competent The second with two friends pass-and-play.
The player who places all his huts first, wins. You have a hand of three random tiles who show two squares of three colors, from which you place one next to another tile or the three colored start fields. Two or more connected squares with one color are provinces, you may place a hut on a province. When your province is 5 squares or more, you place a second hut there, and it cannot be conquered anymore by another player (a province can be taken away by a connected enemy territory of the same color that is bigger). There are neutral squares called villages on the board; if you have the majority of huts on the squares next to them, you can place another hut there. But if that majority changes, the village also goes to another player. The complete rules can be downloaded on BGG.

I cannot imagine this game on an iPod or iPhone, the game board is simply too big. It just fits on the iPad screen.

Good written! That's it!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Anybody figure out how the scores are determined? While I have to assume it is largely based on the most obvious aspect, how many pagodas you still had since the winner will always have the best score, I wonder if it factors in more than just that.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

After playing some matchs, I have to say that is a very elegant game from Knizia. It's in the style of T&E but with easier rules and faster games.

I won all my matches, so I don't know what to say about the AI at the moment I will play online tomorrow

If you like strategy games like Carcassonne, T&E or Samurai, you should try Qin.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Anybody figure out how the scores are determined? While I have to assume it is largely based on the most obvious aspect, how many pagodas you still had since the winner will always have the best score, I wonder if it factors in more than just that.
From what I've seen, It uses the difference of pagodas placed by the winner vs the pagodas still in the user's hand. I(ve played and lost three games: the first where I was learning, the AI had somewhere around 150 points (I know, I know...) and I had a ton of pagodas in hand. Second and third game we had a difference of1 or 2 pagodas, and the scores where almost identical, 16 for me, 20 something for him.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Wonderful game, very simple and interesting for a quick play. I'm curious also about the way it counts scores.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post
Wonderful game, very simple and interesting for a quick play. I'm curious also about the way it counts scores.
One of the devs has promised to come on by here and explain it!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

To the devs: Can you add in the future as an optional IAP a skin about a colonization of a planet with ships instead of China and pagodas? I like how it is right now, but the type of game fits really cool with some science fiction theme like colonization ships on a planet! (yeah, I like space themes like Aliens Frontiers! )