App description: Face hordes of zombies in an epic showdown in the arena! Your weapon? TRAINS! Blast through waves of zombies with your powerful iron engines, wreaking havoc with power-ups like Fire Train and Mass Death!

"This is a title you'll keep coming back to" -Gamezebo
"The idea of a train at full speed running through a herd of zombies is really just too good to pass up." -TUAW
"This is crazy!" -Zombie

FEATURES:

Addictive arcade action!
4 awesome game modes.
Acquire powerful upgrades, equipment and power-ups!
Simple pick-up-and-play tap controls.
Challenge your friends!
Full Game Center integration with Achievements and Leaderboards.
Fully HD optimized for Retina iPads.
iCloud support - sync automatically to all your devices.
And more!

How many kills can you rack up?

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/DragonheadGames

Join us on Facebook:
http://facebook.com/zombiesandtrains

See the trailer on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/DDukV16iNoM

Dragonhead's comments:

Face hordes of zombies in an epic showdown in the arena! Your weapon? TRAINS! Blast through waves of zombies with your powerful iron engines, wreaking havoc with power-ups like Fire Train and Mass Death!

How many kills can you rack up?
02-13-2013, 01:04 AM
I was planning to wait until the next update (with some improvements as mentioned by the developer in the iPhone thread for Z&T), but when I saw the sale price drop I jumped on it. I am glad I did. This is really a lot of fun and well put together. Well worth my buck!

As an aside, there are some really negative reviews for the HD version on the US App Store. They say the game is really bad, but without an explanation. What is up with that? I left a positive 4 star review myself, in an attempt to offset them.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 02-13-2013 at 01:08 AM.
02-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Yep, same situation as slewis. The game's great...even though it's completely different, I get the same vibe playing this as I did Super Crate Box and Super Hexagon. Really fun.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I was planning to wait until the next update (with some improvements as mentioned by the developer in the iPhone thread for Z&T), but when I saw the sale price drop I jumped on it. I am glad I did. This is really a lot of fun and well put together. Well worth my buck!

As an aside, there are some really negative reviews for the HD version on the US App Store. They say the game is really bad, but without an explanation. What is up with that? I left a positive 4 star review myself, in an attempt to offset them.
Awesome, thanks slewis7! The new update was submitted yesterday by the way. It usually takes about 5-7 days before Apple gets to verify it and release it.

Hehe, I have no idea what those couple of negative reviews are about either. They don't complain about anything in the game. I just assume they felt it was too challenging and they blame the game being too hard. But most apps get a few of those kinds of reviews anyways
02-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yep, same situation as slewis. The game's great...even though it's completely different, I get the same vibe playing this as I did Super Crate Box and Super Hexagon. Really fun.
Thanks metalcasket! Awesome to be put next to those games, love them both! We wanted to have a real challenging, old-school arcade feeling in our game, but still make it as easy to play as possible.
02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
The negative reviews are so harsh that I would have never bought the game if not for the positive word of mouth here. Hopefully enough good and measured reviews will be posted to make those nasty ones less prominent.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve