★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

In App Purchases good for only ONE device

06-17-2009, 11:24 AM
In App Purchases good for only ONE device

New app store terms of service which you must accept today include
Quote:
The App Store terms now include provisions for In App purchases, some of which can only be downloaded once and which cannot be transferred between devices.
So if this is for a game and I spend $1 for new content within a game and that content is only good for one of my ipod touch's then screw that. I'll never purchase any in app game purchases.

On the other hand if this is only referring to TV Show and Movie rentals then I can live with that but if this applies to games I'll keep the Parental Control "In app game purchases" permanently locked forever as it currently is.
06-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
New app store terms of service which you must accept today include

So if this is for a game and I spend $1 for new content within a game and that content is only good for one of my ipod touch's then screw that. I'll never purchase any in app game purchases.

On the other hand if this is only referring to TV Show and Movie rentals then I can live with that but if this applies to games I'll keep the Parental Control "In app game purchases" permanently locked forever as it currently is.
Wow... I've done that before and... That really does SUCK.

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.

06-17-2009, 11:38 AM
The terms don't appeal to me either. Does this mean, if you ever uninstall a game from the device, the additional content is not synced with iTunes and is therefore lost? If that is the case I will surely be jailbreaking in order to save my purchases.
06-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I will never buy and in app purchase either. That is absolutely ridiculous!!!
Even worse, instead of offering updates to apps, developers will now make you pay for new upgrades!!!

Visit Hidden App Gems to find iPhone and iPod Touch game reviews, find the latest sales, and enter contests to win FREE games!

Current Contests: WifiTrak & That Ain't It
06-17-2009, 11:47 AM
what if you hve an ipod touch and spend over like 10 bucks on in app purchases, then you get an iphone, or new ipod touch... ? wtf.. that is the lowest move apple could do

Last edited by salsamd; 06-17-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: language
06-17-2009, 12:09 PM
As sad as it is. Follow the money...

That is what Apple and the rest of the world run on...Sigh
06-17-2009, 01:08 PM
I would assume that in app purchases are considered part of the app itself and would be backed up to itunes with the app. That would make the most sense, and would eliminate the need for re-downloads anyway.

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD
06-17-2009, 01:16 PM
It actually depends on what you purchase. If you are "unlocking" features of a game then it is to follow your app from device to device. If you are buying transient goods, they do not have to follow devices. The items you purchase are required to tell you if they are transient or not.

Xenovoid - FREE 4X Galactic Conquest MMO for iOS, PC, OSX, and Linux
JOIN THE FREE BETA @ Xenovoid.com
06-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I was reading the agreement thing and it's ALL ON THE DEVELOPERS. The developers chose whether or not they want it on one device or multiple devices. Note the word "SOME" in the statement.
06-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Quick question about the "App purchases," how do you know when there is downloadable content for an app? Im planning on getting the update, but not sure if I should spent $10 now or later.