★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
So it's Groove coaster without the coaster and the original music?
But wrapped around a graphic novel.

I can't help but feel that how they show the orchestra members is just lazy programming. It would have been nice to see the appropriate sections playing individually correlating to the song.

Also, any idea how many tracks on included?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
20 songs?

I loaded the app and looked at the status and it said 1/20 songs. Is there only 20 songs? If so, I'm not biting.

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius

10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Is it any good?
10-17-2012, 04:34 PM
How many songs for the full unlocked game please?
10-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Looks awesome! Please tell me theres not an abundance of iap, other than the unlocks of course.

The thing that kept me from getting the other rythim game, which name I dont remember right now was the iap only costumes.

If the full unlock is a real full unlock then ill be all over this as soon as it cames out.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
10-17-2012, 07:09 PM
It's not bad! Some nice famous classical music, gets pretty hectic. Far too much story text for my liking... it is dripping in "Japaneseness" but enjoying the actual game part!

I've not got to the paywall yet... not sure if I will go with the rest but what you get for demo is great.

My gaming & gadget blog: http://hatenintendo.wordpress.com
10-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Looks awesome! Please tell me theres not an abundance of iap, other than the unlocks of course.

The thing that kept me from getting the other rythim game, which name I dont remember right now was the iap only costumes.

If the full unlock is a real full unlock then ill be all over this as soon as it cames out.
Yes it's real full unlock.Get this game because its great.
10-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I like this - currently um-ing and ah-ing over buying the full unlock - although it is slightly annoying how it's yet another music game where the timing seems to be a fraction of a second off (as opposed to Demon's Score which for all its faults was absolutely rock solid with what you had to tap and when). Like... the timing is consistent, but you have to constantly hit the screen maybe half a beat before you ought to be doing it. But it is still fun. The music is very, very impressive quality (I think it's all synths and/or samples, but they're damn good) and the full tracks are long (the proper concert performances in each chapter, as opposed to the two or three 60-second rehearsals you get as well). Story doesn't seem like much, but it's competent at least, and the art is pretty nice (that artist seems like a talented lady).
10-17-2012, 11:34 PM
This is really wonderful. I think that this will be very well received.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
I like this - currently um-ing and ah-ing over buying the full unlock - although it is slightly annoying how it's yet another music game where the timing seems to be a fraction of a second off (as opposed to Demon's Score which for all its faults was absolutely rock solid with what you had to tap and when). Like... the timing is consistent, but you have to constantly hit the screen maybe half a beat before you ought to be doing it. But it is still fun. The music is very, very impressive quality (I think it's all synths and/or samples, but they're damn good) and the full tracks are long (the proper concert performances in each chapter, as opposed to the two or three 60-second rehearsals you get as well). Story doesn't seem like much, but it's competent at least, and the art is pretty nice (that artist seems like a talented lady).
I think you hit the nail on the head. I just played through the free portion of the game and I enjoyed it. That said, I'm on the fence about spending $15 on the full unlock when there are only 20 songs in the game. I feel like $15 is about $8 too much. On the other hand, as someone that plays classical piano and classical guitar, I thoroughly enjoyed the music and the different tapping, swiping and pinch mechanics.

Hmm. Tough decision. I'll have to sleep on it. I do hope the game gets more challenging.

Good stuff though!

--DotComCTO