Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-18-2012, 08:29 AM

The game cannot run on my ipad 2..
Just quits to home screen whenever i try to play
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hmmm, charging through the levels fairly fast... there's always high score chasing on harder difficulties but the main campaign's not going to take too much longer at this rate. On the other hand, the patterns are very good - lots of fun to tap out, and much, much better than Demon's Score. I'll take a short music game that's a blast just to play over some giant 50-track setlist any day... and what iOS music game is getting people to call 20 tracks "short", anyway? I'm partly just curious - was Groove Coaster really that long?

At the same time I can confirm that yes, some of the short tracks are indeed just parts of the longer pieces, so that 20 long+30 short or whatever is definitely misleading. Shame. Oh welp.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
Hmmm, charging through the levels fairly fast... there's always high score chasing on harder difficulties but the main campaign's not going to take too much longer at this rate. On the other hand, the patterns are very good - lots of fun to tap out, and much, much better than Demon's Score. I'll take a short music game that's a blast just to play over some giant 50-track setlist any day... and what iOS music game is getting people to call 20 tracks "short", anyway? I'm partly just curious - was Groove Coaster really that long?

At the same time I can confirm that yes, some of the short tracks are indeed just parts of the longer pieces, so that 20 long+30 short or whatever is definitely misleading. Shame. Oh welp.
Groove coaster has 27 songs, 3 difficulties and online leaderboards. Shame, I really enjoyed the demo, but I cannot justify the $15 price tag.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I liked Groove Coaster, ish, but the music was pretty much forgettable and the visuals left no real impression on me - Rez it ain't. I can see that if you're really into retro chiptunes and such it would seem like a lot, but I don't really care how many more tracks it has, it doesn't come close to Symphonica's production values to my way of thinking. Tonesphere or Cytus would be a better comparison for me... but then again those games just run on flashy visualiser effects, if that, and they always have a fair few tracks I can't stand. The advantage of classical is there's pretty much guaranteed to be nothing on the soundtrack I'll hate.

Online scoreboards, though, I got nothing. No defense. That is indeed a baffling omission, particularly since Demon's Score has them.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I played the first 3 chapters. It's a pretty fun game. However, I don't understand the shop options. It seems that I can buy:

Chapter 4
Chapter 4 -7
Chapter 4-12

Do individual chapter options pop up after you buy one of the smaller packages? If I do buy this I'll probably buy everything in one shot, but I think its a bit odd how it's presented.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
Hmmm, charging through the levels fairly fast...
And that was the other thing I was worried about after playing through the first 3 parts of the story. I was able to blast through them pretty quickly because the only thing between playing the next song is the storyline. Now, if the storyline were more interactive (aside from the short songs/practice), then the game would be a lot more interesting. As it is, the only thing you need to do between the songs is just tap the screen to read the story/see the cut scenes.

The only thing that makes me consider buying the full song set is that I like classical music and the songs I've heard/played so far; well, that and I also think the tapping mechanic in the game is fun/interesting.

I'll stay on the fence for a little while longer. If the full unlock price was $6.99 or less, I would do it, but at $14.99, it's not as compelling.

--DotComCTO
Old 10-18-2012, 02:00 PM

after playing some more i mist say im kinda hocked.
the music quality is extremly good.
anyone know id this was a concert recording done espacially for this game?
Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM

Holy crap...William Tell is so hard to get higher than an A. I just missed one action and still only an A...I was perfect until i screwed up on I think the fifth last note, so I got a ridiculous combo (my guys were all blue). Anyone have any ideas to get higher so I can unlock Skill Level 2 for it? Thanks.

Last edited by projectmoonlightcafe; 10-18-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmoonlightcafe View Post
Holy crap...William Tell is so hard to get higher than an A. I just missed one action and still only an A...I was perfect until i screwed up on I think the fifth last note, so I got a ridiculous combo (my guys were all blue). Anyone have any ideas to get higher so I can unlock Skill Level 2 for it? Thanks.
avoid getting any ok, and only bravo or great when hitting tones
Old 10-18-2012, 05:32 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Free SqareEnix game?

What's the catch?