★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Wrong release day

10-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Wrong release day

Hi guys,

this is a really annoying issue...

We released Mathfeud October 16, but Apple lists it as released October 11 (when it was approved for sale).

This made us miss the new releases list, and we did not get any downloads from that list

We contacted Apple on the issue but only got some standard email responses back that didn't clarify anything.

Hope this does not happen to anyone else...

- Christian

We Got Pixels Try out Mathfeud for iOS! Download Mathfeud
10-17-2012, 09:46 AM
The release date for apple is the day your game have been approved by Apple, not the day you've released it.

10-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Yeah that's why it's so stupid for devs to leave their game sitting in the AppStore for months before actually having it released to the public..stupidest move possible.. No one will look that far back.. Best to try to submit it to have it sort of line up with the date you want to actually release it.

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
10-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Yeah that's why it's so stupid for devs to leave their game sitting in the AppStore for months before actually having it released to the public..stupidest move possible.. No one will look that far back.. Best to try to submit it to have it sort of line up with the date you want to actually release it.
I did that to have time to send promo codes to review sites. Otherwise that is not possible?

Was not aware that my release day was the the actual release day as I had chosen in iTunes Connect.

And thanks for the support... Jeez..

10-18-2012, 04:06 AM
Sorry to hear this happened

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the game is awesome. I love the UI and the menus, all the graphics are great! Playing it as we speak Gameplay is fun as well.

Good luck with everything, hope it becomes a big success!
10-18-2012, 04:11 AM
Btw, are you by any chance the Christian I'm playing against? :P

I saw on your website that one of your crew is called Christian ...
10-18-2012, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Game Studio View Post
Btw, are you by any chance the Christian I'm playing against? :P

I saw on your website that one of your crew is called Christian ...
Haha nice
Yes thats me!
Also got a account named Mathfeud, so I am playing a lot.

Really glad you like it

We got a lot of updates planned, but let me know if there is anything you would like to see in a future update?

And please tell your friends and family to start playing

10-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Nice to hear!

I will keep playing and let you know if there is anything of value that I think could be added for a future update.

And of course I invited everyone that I play the usual turn-based games with, hopefully they will pick it up as well!
10-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
So otherwise when I should pitch reviewers if I even dont know if and when Apple aproove my app ?
10-19-2012, 02:33 AM
I've recently made a blog post about that issue based on my experiences...

http://www.pixelenvision.com/3204/it...ate-explained/

Pixel Envision - Indie Game Development Studio

Twitter / Facebook / YouTube