★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: help with hunters 2 chapter 8

10-17-2012, 10:15 AM
help with hunters 2 chapter 8

hello everyone. i am new to this forum. i have come asking for help but i am sure this will be a very interesting site to visit frequently (i play ipad games everyday)

i am stucked in hunters 2 chapter 8: there is one though enemy in the center of the map armed with a very heavy machine gun. also there are a lot of though enemies armed with hammers coming from the ground that are nearly impossible to hit. i attach a capture to clarify

any advice about succesfully completing this chapter would be welcome

thank you in advance and hello again to everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	h2c8.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	48348  
10-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Personally I would just quit the mission and level up so e more on the instanced missions, perhaps create some better gear suited for the situation, or make sure that you have some characters skilled to deal with the situation accordingly. You should never have to muscle through any of the story mode missions, especially when the game is designed in part, to grind a bit and not just tackle through the story mode with no other amount of leveling taken I to account.

Edit: as an aside, utilize a sniper or two and their range advantage to good effect and take your time... I could be wrong though as it has been a while since I have played, but I do love this series!

Last edited by Bool Zero; 10-17-2012 at 10:33 AM.
10-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alewian View Post
hello everyone. i am new to this forum. i have come asking for help but i am sure this will be a very interesting site to visit frequently (i play ipad games everyday)

i am stucked in hunters 2 chapter 8: there is one though enemy in the center of the map armed with a very heavy machine gun. also there are a lot of though enemies armed with hammers coming from the ground that are nearly impossible to hit. i attach a capture to clarify

any advice about succesfully completing this chapter would be welcome

thank you in advance and hello again to everyone
It really depends on how your squad is formed.
Personally I had all assault rifles plus a sniper and a rocket launcher.
I used every cover (so the leader can't shoot at you) and hammered him from distance, while my assault rifles men kept at bay the teleporting hammer wielders.

Also, hammer enemies with the 'hunker down' skill are invulnerable, so wait till the skill effect end.

Hope it helps!
10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
It really depends on how your squad is formed.
Personally I had all assault rifles plus a sniper and a rocket launcher.
I used every cover (so the leader can't shoot at you) and hammered him from distance, while my assault rifles men kept at bay the teleporting hammer wielders.

Also, hammer enemies with the 'hunker down' skill are invulnerable, so wait till the skill effect end.

Hope it helps!
thank you very much. i will try it