★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Trigger Fist. 99c sale

10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Trigger Fist. 99c sale

Sale to coincide with iPhone 5 screen update.
Looks great in widescreen.
10-17-2012, 01:35 PM
mabe? or wait 4 free

got my free copy... so

You could buy it or just wait and get it for FREE again?

10-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
got my free copy... so

You could buy it or just wait and get it for FREE again?
Or you could just figure out that 99c is an extremely small amount of money.
But, whatever, each to their own.
10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Or you could just figure out that 99c is an extremely small amount of money.
But, whatever, each to their own.
agree but when they keep offering it for free, it isn't always a good idea. plus you can spend your dollars on games that never go free on your want list!
10-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
agree but when they keep offering it for free, it isn't always a good idea. plus you can spend your dollars on games that never go free on your want list!
It was only free once for a period of time in association with free app a day.
They did reduce the initial price after it went back from last sale to 2.99 i think, so it's not really clear if it'll go free again.
I don't think it will, but you never do know for sure.
You do, of course, have a valid point though.

Edit. just checked on appshopper.
It was free for one week only at end of August.
On sale for 99c for first week in September.
Rest of time it's been 4.99 at launch which changed to 2.99 normal price after last sale.
And 99c sale now.

Last edited by Rip73; 10-17-2012 at 03:13 PM.
10-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
It was only free once for a period of time in association with free app a day.
They did reduce the initial price after it went back from last sale to 2.99 i think, so it's not really clear if it'll go free again.
I don't think it will, but you never do know for sure.
You do, of course, have a valid point though.

Edit. just checked on appshopper.
It was free for one week only at end of August.
On sale for 99c for first week in September.
Rest of time it's been 4.99 at launch which changed to 2.99 normal price after last sale.
And 99c sale now.
Yeah, they did the temp free to get more online players at first. I doubt it will go free for a long time, if ever. But you never know.

Signed,
Connector
Current President of both the Trigger Fist & Dead Trigger Defense Squads cause any game with the term Trigger in it is awesome
10-17-2012, 06:26 PM
They need to fix this game. When you play and someone attacks you from behind or the side, you don't have a chance. In reality if someone sets their sites on you, then you're just done. This game has great potential, it reminded me of Socom for the PSP (good times), but it is due to its flaws that people tend not to play, and I don't blame them. The devs need to listen to the comments, put a little effort into it, and they will have a major hit, bigger than it already is. It's just a dissapointment.

PS I'm not trying to complain too much, I got it for free, I just would really like to see them change some things.
10-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repapermunky View Post
They need to fix this game. When you play and someone attacks you from behind or the side, you don't have a chance. In reality if someone sets their sites on you, then you're just done. This game has great potential, it reminded me of Socom for the PSP (good times), but it is due to its flaws that people tend not to play, and I don't blame them. The devs need to listen to the comments, put a little effort into it, and they will have a major hit, bigger than it already is. It's just a dissapointment.

PS I'm not trying to complain too much, I got it for free, I just would really like to see them change some things.
Ah, you're point is fair, I do get what you mean.
But I think you're missing the point of the game to some extent.
It is meant to be difficult and in the early days of shooters, if you got hit you died.
Just as you would in real life.

Shooters these days tend to have armour or shields or whatever and you can get hit 3 or 4 times before you die which is simply just not reflective of having a realism element in a shooter.
The real problem is that these days we're just too used to shooters where you can get hit multiple times and survive.
That just makes a lot of them just too easy.

This game tries to counter that and capture something of the earlier experience that, say, something like Counter Strike would give players. You have to be more strategic in it, use cover better and simply avoid getting hit.

Last edited by Rip73; 10-17-2012 at 10:54 PM.
10-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Ah, you're point is fair, I do get what you mean.
But I think you're missing the point of the game to some extent.
It is meant to be difficult and in the early days of shooters, if you got hit you died.
Just as you would in real life.

Shooters these days tend to have armour or shields or whatever and you can get hit 3 or 4 times before you die which is simply just not reflective of having a realism element in a shooter.
The real problem is that these days we're just too used to shooters where you can get hit multiple times and survive.
That just makes a lot of them just too easy.

This game tries to counter that and capture something of the earlier experience that, say, something like Counter Strike would give players. You have to be more strategic in it, use cover better and simply avoid getting hit.
What is the goat doing in screenshot 3? Humping? And does the goat act as a shield to help cover your back and rear?
10-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Got it when it was free. Found it to be over-rated trash. Erased it pretty quickly. Not worth the file space, let alone whatever the regular price was.