Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Wild Heroes HD is now available!!!!

Experience a new way of playing tower defense games with this new 2D/3D action title!

"The Dark King has escaped from the underworld and is leading his army of monsters to destroy the Magic Castles!"

You must lead the resistance!. Develop a strategy to defend the castles of the five kingdoms!

But don't just stand there!

Use the interactive touch powers to help your towers: burn, freeze and shock your enemies, or even summon a black hole and warp them to another dimension!
Upgrade your heroes and transform them into WILD mode for even greater attack power!

​Features:

★ ​A unique look and feel, with hand painted scenarios, menus and textures
★ Left-handed Mode
★ 5 worlds, 20 different levels to challenge you and keep you entertained for hours.
★ Set the game difficulty from easy to hard
​★ Lots of different enemies, sub bosses and final bosses with special abilities and animations to surprise you!
★ Unlock achievements and upgrade your skills and special powers!
★ Challenge Mode for even more fun!
★ Bestiary (so you can get a better look at the details!)
★ Original soundtrack, recorded with real instruments
★ Game Center supported for global scores, achievements, friends and more!

​We worked together with Bufon Studio, who did a superb job developing the art and graphics for the game!​
---

For more information please visit:
http://www.globalpixelstudios.com

Follow us on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/GlobalPixelStudios
Old 10-18-2012, 01:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Stupid hard

This game may look pretty but it is the most ridiculously difficult TD I have found.
If you place your force on the path leading to the castle you are protecting you don't stand even the slightest chance; on easy difficulty! The only way I had even one Victory was to swarm my castle with my forces and sit there and watch as the enemies tear the place down. Stupid. Where's the strategy in not even being able to use the path for forces as they just waltz by them with pretty much no damage taken; like at all. Even upgrading the forces didn't to a darn thing. The enemies every time got right to the castle with near full power.

The irony? They tell you that in order to earn more stars to perform upgrades is done by keeping your castle in as good as can be shape by taking minor damage. The one time I did win, on easy I relished in a whole one star. Wow. What a great feeling of accomplishment. I tried all types of strategies as in placing different forces here and there, and choosing to upgrade a few forces or building more instead; neither made a diff as Everytime it's just the enemies immediately banging down on your castle and you trying to squeak by.

Not fun. Not recommended until the difficulty is majorly downgraded. It does have potential to be a good TD though but nowhere near it now unless you want to grind like crazy.

What a disappointment.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:58 AM

its sounds good but it can by difficult in touch
Old 10-18-2012, 06:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
This game may look pretty but it is the most ridiculously difficult TD I have found.
If you place your force on the path leading to the castle you are protecting you don't stand even the slightest chance; on easy difficulty! The only way I had even one Victory was to swarm my castle with my forces and sit there and watch as the enemies tear the place down. Stupid. Where's the strategy in not even being able to use the path for forces as they just waltz by them with pretty much no damage taken; like at all. Even upgrading the forces didn't to a darn thing. The enemies every time got right to the castle with near full power.

The irony? They tell you that in order to earn more stars to perform upgrades is done by keeping your castle in as good as can be shape by taking minor damage. The one time I did win, on easy I relished in a whole one star. Wow. What a great feeling of accomplishment. I tried all types of strategies as in placing different forces here and there, and choosing to upgrade a few forces or building more instead; neither made a diff as Everytime it's just the enemies immediately banging down on your castle and you trying to squeak by.

Not fun. Not recommended until the difficulty is majorly downgraded. It does have potential to be a good TD though but nowhere near it now unless you want to grind like crazy.

What a disappointment.
I've managed to three star the first 3 levels on easy without using any 'powers.' I had to restart the first level three times and the third one twice. I didn't let anything through to the castle. That's all I've played of it so far. It's not easy but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as hard you're saying. Not so far anyway.

On the maps there is a blue circle and a red circle. If you place a tower on them, blue increases it's range and red increases it's damage. Nice little extra. Other than that it just seems like a bog standard TD game. Looks good and plays smooth.

Overall imo seems good so far.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Well geez, don't I feel like a crappy player now! Thanks man. Hoping you may be able to please provide any hints or helpful strategies to help me as I really want to like this game and be able to three star it.

So, basically, based on pavarotti's comments, i pretty much retract my statement and say that I just need to work a little harder at it to figure it out.

Thanks pavarotti!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Well geez, don't I feel like a crappy player now! Thanks man. Hoping you may be able to please provide any hints or helpful strategies to help me as I really want to like this game and be able to three star it.

So, basically, based on pavarotti's comments, i pretty much retract my statement and say that I just need to work a little harder at it to figure it out.

Thanks pavarotti!
Hi cabdog

Thanks for your comments, we are working on an update to balance the difficulty level, so that all players can get more stars.
We greatly appreciate the interest you have for the game.

Regards
Old 10-18-2012, 02:08 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:

Thanks pavarotti!
Hey cabdog,

I have replied to your pm but can't upload the pics here. If you want, you can pm me your email address and I'll send them to you.

Dean
Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Very cool of you to respond with such kind words after my initial negative rant!!

The game really is good...awesome animations, gorgeous graphics, and unique story and characters.
Thanks for considering possibly adjusting the diffiulty. Really only the 'easy' I would think would need tweaks to make it a little less hard, and then we can work up to the other difficulty levels.

Great game and IS RECOMMENDED.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 PM

I also had a negative experience playing the first level. Losing miserably and feeling like the "towers" were very underpowered left me feeling like I had made a mistake getting this game. Easy should be ... easy. if you want your butt handed to you then choose hard...

If you fix the level of difficulty, then I think you'd get better ratings.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Update ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptych View Post
I also had a negative experience playing the first level. Losing miserably and feeling like the "towers" were very underpowered left me feeling like I had made a mistake getting this game. Easy should be ... easy. if you want your butt handed to you then choose hard...

If you fix the level of difficulty, then I think you'd get better ratings.
We have the update ready, we balance the difficulty of the game, and added tips on the loading screen, so the player can get a better experience from start to play, now we are testing the game to make sure there is no problem in a future.
As small developers greatly appreciate all your comments

best regards