★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone newbie here. List of games I plan on buying, missing anything?

06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
iPhone newbie here. List of games I plan on buying, missing anything?

Hi everyone. New user and come this Friday, iPhone user as well! (to even further my newbie credentials, this will be my first Apple product I've ever owned as well). Anyway I've been super excited this past week reading app reviews, game reviews, accessory reviews all in preparation for when I finally get my 3GS.

I've created a list of games I plan on buying(maybe not all at once, but eventually) thanks mostly to the post/reviews on TA! My question is, is there anything missing from this list that you would recommend I definitely check out? Is there something on the list that you know is utterly trash and should not get?

I think I've covered all the bases: Platformer, simulation, rpg, TD, racing, arcade, puzzle, card/board games.

Dacool561's iPhone Newbie Gamer Starter List:
Flight Control
Texas Holdem
SimCity
Field Runner
The Sims 3
Tap Tap Revenge 2
Reign of Swords
Orions: Legend Of Wizards
Hero of Sparta
Aurora Feint II
7 Cities
Vay
Zenonia
Peggle
TapDefense
Chess With Friends
Trace
Space Deadbeef
Sol Free Solitaire
JellyCar
Real Racing
cs.one
Rolando
Defender Chronicles
Castle of Magic
06-17-2009, 03:05 PM
You're missing Pocket God, if you have an iPhone you have to have it (it's not a law, but should be). Toki Tori is a great puzzle platformer as well, check out the lite version to see for yourself.

06-17-2009, 03:51 PM
ummmm...

I would say either Uniwar or Mecho Wars. Both are good turn based strategy games.

Dinosmash is a great little cheap online game that is pretty fun to play, also Galcon is a good game to play online.

Games I'm Playing: Doom Classic, Red Conquest!, Battle for Wesnoth, Land Air Sea Warfare (my favorite rts, buy it today!)
06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Crash Kart racing is good. Its like Mario Kart

LOL, that's a lot of games for a newbie. It would be months to finish all of those.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
06-17-2009, 03:58 PM
i would skip vay, reign of swords, and cs one. Reign of Swords is a great game but the second one is coming very soon apparently so just to save some money! Vay is just not that good and cs one has very hard controls and i just dont really like it myself.
06-17-2009, 04:00 PM
sway?
best iphone game ever...

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
i would suggest brothers in arms and assassins creed; also dont get rolando, wait for rolando 2 and ngmocos upcoming unnamed fps (formerly livefire then killtest, but is going to be changed soon)
06-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for all the awesome suggestions everyone, keep it up =)! As for Rolando, i picked up a free code from Best Buy for it, so no worries there.

>_< can't wait to get my iPhone and start playing some games!
06-17-2009, 04:59 PM
You should add Knights Onrush to your list
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I whore out Drop 7 whenever I get the chance. Be sure and check out the lite version (be patient and give it a few chances, you'll be hooked after a bit)

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)