Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-18-2012, 01:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksFANjason View Post
Thanks for the vid Sanuku! Does anyone know if there's another control option other than the damn tilt to move? I can't STAND tilt controls...
Hi Jason, it's only tilt controls unfortunately. I know some people can't stand them but it's a choice we made that we think makes sense as you're controling a ball. Do let me know how it feels if you give it whirl!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:09 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasgb View Post

Hey Chris, thanks, as a matter of fact we've already implemented 4" support on our end Right now it's just a matter of testing and submiting the update. We need to test carefully as the wider camera may reveal empty sections of levels or out-of-screen glitches. Looks like I just found myself a reason to get an iPhone5
Awesome. And yes do get an iPhone 5 This is one of those games that with its graphical style (clean thing ala some games from Illusion Labs or True Axis, no muddy textures and so on that just clutters up a small 3.5 - 4" screen, great use of colors etc) just kinda pops right out of that tiny screen.

Last edited by chris1a; 10-18-2012 at 02:12 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Yeah, gotta agree. The TG review is ridiculous. I'm fully enjoying the game. Just completed the first world, and although the physics are a little funky, it's a great little platformer (and I usually DESPISE tilt controlled platformers)... Thanks for the nice game. =oD
Old 10-19-2012, 05:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I agree, the game is pretty nice for a tilt platformer (it's really not my favorite controls for a platformer, as I don't like to miss a jump ). Controls are not totally accurate but it's not a big problem as the jump is smooth and the level-design well done with some interesting ideas and enough variety. I enjoy the graphics too with the 3D touch.
It could be nice to see right/left arrows as an option in the future, and Game Center integration of course
Old 10-19-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Yeah, gotta agree. The TG review is ridiculous. I'm fully enjoying the game. Just completed the first world, and although the physics are a little funky, it's a great little platformer (and I usually DESPISE tilt controlled platformers)... Thanks for the nice game. =oD
My biggest Problem is that I really don`t understand why. The Review does throw up some Points that are obviously questionable while at the same time has some decent points.

The current Control System should be definitly expanded with an Virtual Gamepad/Joystick. GameCenter should be also added with one of the next upcoming Updates.

Besides that:

I hope that the TG Review doesn`t escalate anything and that one of the Reviewer of TouchArcade find the time to take a look at the Game because it`s at no Point as bad as the TG Rating make it look like. I would currently rate it with an 3/5 and if the Developer add the Virtual Gamepad/Joystick + GameCenter with an 4/5.

Note:

I have played so far the Game on my iPad 2 and on my iPad 3. Will play it later on my iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S to see some of those stottering but I assume that it might have something to do with what`s going on on the Screen or in the Background because sometimes there is so much happening in the Front and in the Background that I did even stopped once to see everything and don`t miss it and at one Point I even wanted to roll back since I wanted to see it again

Last edited by Sanuku; 10-19-2012 at 05:18 AM..
Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
My biggest Problem is that I really don`t understand why.
Because as far as the IAP issue goes, some people just can't be bothered any more to grit their teeth and evaluate the severity of hoops one must jump through to gain enjoyment. Some people just want to play a game designed to be an optimal gaming experience for the player period.

Because even with the IAP issue aside, the reviewer states that the game would not have fared well. And I agree with them. Personally, I turned it off after less than five minutes due to the jerky camera and complete lack of character or any distinguishing features.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
there is so much happening in the Front and in the Background that I did even stopped once to see everything and don`t miss it and at one Point I even wanted to roll back since I wanted to see it again
This right here, is exactly what we aimed at. Thanks so much!

I noted you guys would like GameCenter and D-Pad support, we'll see if we want to implement those. We have big plans to support the game with tweaks and new stuff so keep the ideas coming! Right now we're full force on the next batch of 8 levels (Edge Industry).
Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

I feel sad for me that I cannot play this on my iPod 2g, Yet, i'll add that only tilt controls for a platformer is not good enough, its an iPod touch, not an iPod tilt :P
The trailer looks awesome & please change that thread in your siggy including the fact that it is already out! Cheers! & don't get underwhelmed with other sites & their scoring system!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:56 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Good point Ultimo, thanks !
Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
I feel sad for me that I cannot play this on my iPod 2g, Yet, i'll add that only tilt controls for a platformer is not good enough, its an iPod touch, not an iPod tilt :P
The trailer looks awesome & please change that thread in your siggy including the fact that it is already out! Cheers! & don't get underwhelmed with other sites & their scoring system!
You are welcome!
I could not resist & rode to my sister's place, she has an iPad 2

This game has so much replay value & i'd not call it a platformer, it does remind me of Rolando & Rasta Monkey, the sound effects are awesome, especially that water canal bit.
God!!!! am feeling miserable now for not wanting to upgrade to another iOS device.

Nic, are you planning to move onto other platforms such as windows & android?