★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Puzzle Saga - FREE

10-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Puzzle Saga - FREE

10-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Aw... sad to see this go free. Definitely one of my current favorite puzzlers. A match-3 with Strategy RPG elements involved. Pretty unique and well implemented, but i would like to see more balance in units and heroes.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Never before seen gameplay although it's clearly a might and magic knockoff.

I'm downloading it anyways, because I'm curious on how shameless a ripoff it is.
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Why is it free?
10-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Why is it free?
Maybe it's free for a limited time or maybe it's now free to play, but my guess is that it went free to make money off of the stupid coin based IAP system
10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neswii View Post
Never before seen gameplay although it's clearly a might and magic knockoff.

I'm downloading it anyways, because I'm curious on how shameless a ripoff it is.
LOL... You're saying it like there is anything else on for the iOS like it.

The reason why i appreciate Gameloft clones, is that they give us games that never has a chance of being ported over to the iOS. This, is no different.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
LOL... You're saying it like there is anything else on for the iOS like it.

The reason why i appreciate Gameloft clones, is that they give us games that never has a chance of being ported over to the iOS. This, is no different.
This anit gameloft and I don't see a clone. Understand what your saying though gameloft clones are good just not their iap galore freemeiums.
10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
And the reason they have no chance of being ported is because the devs are smart enough to know when forcing a game onto a different platform is likely to butcher it
10-18-2012, 04:29 PM
The game is good. It may be inspired on M&M but it plays At a much faster pace. This is a cheap feeling game though, but it shows just how well a M&M game would fit in iOS. A pitty there is still no M&M game in here considering the DS and Xbox live arcade versions.

Overall, this is worth a pickup. Grindy, but fun. Enough variety and easy to pick up and play.
10-18-2012, 07:23 PM
finally, there is some sense in matching 3 in a row. goodbye, bejewled.

but seriously, this is a pretty good timewaster well worth the.. $0, or possibly more when not on sale. thank you devs and thanks for the heads up OP

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!