Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Thanks for the post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tso5818 View Post
Nice trailer. Also will the game have iCloud support?

Would be sweet in future updates, where you could add multiplayer and we fight against someone else's units and there character and capture there castle. Maybe make allies or a clan and have up to 3 people in a team defend a castle against another team .

Also maybe a co-op mode against harder enimies.

Last hopefully we can deck out our castle, upgrade as we please.

This could be in future updates.
Yes to iCloud. And indeed, having a battle mode of sorts could be cool, but beyond the scope of initial release... As for co-op, its already in with exactly that... defending against harder and harder enemies! We have 20+ enemy types, so there is a ton of variety.

Finally, when it comes to building up your castle, its more like an RTS in that sense... you'll earn gold income for each gold mine you build, which increases the rate that you earn money. You'll then have to balance your economy with building more gold mines for a higher income, building upgrade buildings to increase the effectiveness of your units, summoning units to fight, and decking out your castle with better walls and towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Holy freaking chicken balls. This looks fantastic!! Instabuy from me!
Haha, eeexcellent

Last edited by Foursaken_Media; 11-16-2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old 11-16-2012, 12:02 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Thanks for the post!

Yes to iCloud. And indeed, having a battle mode of sorts could be cool, but beyond the scope of initial release... As for co-op, its already in with exactly that... defending against harder and harder enemies! We have 20+ enemy types, so there is a ton of variety.

Finally, when it comes to building up your castle, its more like an RTS in that sense... you'll earn gold income for each gold mine you build, which increases the rate that you earn money. You'll then have to balance your economy with building more gold mines for a higher income, building upgrade buildings to increase the effectiveness of your units, summoning units to fight, and decking out your castle with better walls and towers.

Haha, eeexcellent
Sounds epic, can't wait to slam that buy button
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Wow, the trailer looks amazing. Now we need Bug Heroes 2
Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 PM

Oh MAN!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by varofn View Post
wow, the trailer looks amazing. Now we need bug heroes 2 :d
THIS! So much this!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm so glad to see that FM is cranking out games this fast. I love every single one and this should be no exception. Thank you Jamie and team for making my commutes to work enjoyable!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I, I've been wanting a game like this for so long. I need to hug you.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:10 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

The crow and bird soundtrack will not be recycled and put in the game from NYZ will it? Please don't probably just for easy video purposes anyways. Even in the video I am reminded of the terror that game induced in me, as well as my frustration at how bad I was at it, even on normal.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Would it be possible to build our own design castle or just to upgrade existing structure?
Any similarities to stronghold?
Cheers
Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbridge View Post
I'm so glad to see that FM is cranking out games this fast. I love every single one and this should be no exception. Thank you Jamie and team for making my commutes to work enjoyable!
We're pretty lucky that we have such a versatile team... that combined with having our own custom engine allows us to really be flexible and fast with our initial game design and concept phase, leaving most of the dev time for polish, balance, and QA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbcorwin View Post
The crow and bird soundtrack will not be recycled and put in the game from NYZ will it? Please don't probably just for easy video purposes anyways. Even in the video I am reminded of the terror that game induced in me, as well as my frustration at how bad I was at it, even on normal.
Haha, don't worry - there are still a few last tidbits of polish left (ambient sounds, other sfx, voice work, graphical tweaks, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mad4fun View Post
Would it be possible to build our own design castle or just to upgrade existing structure?
Any similarities to stronghold?
Cheers
You cannot build your own castle design... your buildings and defenses are all built from an RTS-type perspective, where you are building stuff based on your current situation, rather than for aesthetic reasons. For example you can build a Forge to increase your artillery effectiveness, a Dwarf Hut to improve dwarfs and allow them to throw bombs, a Battle Academy to arm your peons with swords and shields, etc, etc... but you're not actually designing your castle in a "free build" sense.

One of the things we learned with Bug Heroes is that we have to be very careful not to overdue certain elements of a game like this that attempts to mix so many genres. For example too much castle building and it detracts heavily from the combat and battle strategy aspect. Too much unit control and it takes away from the action part (with your hero). Too much hero focus and all of the sudden the strategy elements are dumbed down.

In the end, Heroes & Castles (I feel at least) is a game that is totally unique and stands on its own, and will have to be played to really get a feel for what its like!

Closed Thread