★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Dolphin Paradise: Wild Friends" is THE premiere iOS 3D dolphin petsim that turns your device into a virtual lagoon.

Here, you can feed, train and create a strong bond with realistic looking dolphins and orcas. These high-resolution, animated dolphins swim and perform tricks across your screen and crave your attention at each step of the game, awaiting your commands. Learn tricks and perform Shows! Share with friends!

GRAPHICS
Amazing 3D graphics replicate actually swimming in a lagoon with dolphins.

TRICK TRAINING AND DOLPHIN SHOWS
Train dolphins to do fun and exciting tricks and then perform in ever bigger and grander dolphin shows!

CARE, NURTURE & PLAY
Take good care of your dolphins. Shower them with affection by petting and rubbing their bellies. Keep them healthy with tasty feedings and let them swim, frolic & jump in the paradise lagoon; above and below water!

MINI-GAMES
Help keep the lagoon clean from jellyfish to earn shells and pearls which can be used to buy dolphins, props, decorations and habitats.

PHOTOS
Use our camera system to zoom and pan and take pictures of your dolphins, above or below water. Share exciting pics of your dolphins swimming, leaping, jumping and doing tricks via email, Facebook or Twitter.

FRIENDS AND SHARING
Share photos, Dolphin Show scores and achievements with friends. And now, visit friends lagoons!

CUSTOMIZATION
Players can acquire custom props and decorations for Dolphin Shows and buy multiple dolphin types, eventually caring for many dolphins. Coming soon too, different habitats!

Dolphin Paradise is free to play but contains items that can be purchased with real money. If you dont want to use this feature please disable in-app purchases.

Install Dolphin Paradise today. Its free!

Dolphin Paradise is published and developed by HappyGiant

Follow #HappyGiantMedia, #DolphinParadiseApp

PRESS
GameZebo: Dolphin Paradise features bright, colorful 3D graphics and lots of dolphin-ish clicks and whistles

The Iphone Mom: "Dolphin Paradise: Wild Friends is a beautifully detailed 3D app that kids will be sure to love. If you think that your kids would enjoy playing with dolphins check out Dolphin Paradise!"

Maryna's comments:
HappyGiant has launched a beautiful free-to-play 3D pet-sim game, Dolphin Paradise: Wild Friends for iPad 2 and iPad 3. The game features breathtaking graphics, touch mechanics, and engaging gameplay. Here is more info on this new iOS game:

The game turns your iOS device into a virtual lagoon and is captivating from the moment you first meet your dolphin. The simulation and gameplay are so realistic, you can almost taste the salty water in the lagoon and feel the silky dolphin skin as you pet these beautiful mammals.

“Dolphin Paradise: Wild Friends” starts with a user-friendly tutorial that teaches you everything you need to know about your wild friend. You'll be introduced to your dolphin and proceed to name, feed, pet, and train it, forming a strong bond.
Your pet will require love, affection and feeding in order to stay happy. Players will also take on various missions, teaching their dolphins tricks, advancing through higher skill ranks and unlocking increasingly sophisticated dolphin shows where you can show off your pet's high jumping tricks to your friends and family. Dolphin Paradise also lets you take photos of your dolphins, using an in-game camera, to share via email, Facebook or Twitter.
There is plenty of content to explore as players can purchase different food types, custom props for tricks, decorations for shows and additional sea mammals, including various dolphin types including Orcas. You can also document and share pictures of your dolphin with your friends as you progress through the game.

Key features:
Beautifully rendered and realistic environments both above and below the water
Trick training & dolphin shows
Activities: petting, feeding, dolphin care, mini-games, dolphin shows
Social: share photos and earn achievements
Customization: multiple types of dolphins, tricks, props and decorations

You can download the game for FREE from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dolphin-paradise-wild-friends/id556988342?mt=8

10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
OK, so today, it showed the tutorial, yesterday when I opened up the app it did not. Very helpful. I was enjoying this a lot so far! Had my first show! Learning more tricks! Been waiting for an app like this! But I definitely DON'T LIKE the IAP aspect of it! Pearls are impossibly hard to earn, and after a while, the dolphin gets tired and it wants you to buy energy with real money, etc. When you look for jelly fish, it won't let you do it again for over an hour. I don't like the system this game uses for someone to keep playing. It's unfortunately probably gonna be a make or break thing for me. Will probably toy around with it for a short while, then delete it. Too bad the dev decided to go this route like so many others (the money grab). I wouldn't be so disappointed if I could earn pearls easily, (not have to buy IAP) to buy tricks, food, decorations, more dolphins, and energy. Everywhere you look, they want more money. Too bad. I was so excited about this coming out.....

Last edited by bigrand1; 10-20-2012 at 01:22 PM.
10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi again thanks for liking the game. Just wanted to point out there is a "freeplay" mode where you can always do tricks for free no matter of your energy, and your energy rebuilds over time also for free!
There is a new version (1.0.4) coming out that has major improvements today or tomorrow. Please send us any and all thoughts thanks!
Mike
10-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGiant View Post
Hi again thanks for liking the game. Just wanted to point out there is a "freeplay" mode where you can always do tricks for free no matter of your energy, and your energy rebuilds over time also for free!
There is a new version (1.0.4) coming out that has major improvements today or tomorrow. Please send us any and all thoughts thanks!
Mike
Tried on touch doesn't work After apple shows that it does
10-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Everyone!

Version 1.0.4 is LIVE in the app store! We strongly advise getting this - this is a major stability upgrade! Enjoy!