Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-18-2012, 03:55 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Twist Pilot - (by Zynga)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Apparently the devs were behind Goldeneye and Timesplitters. It looks like a slower version of Kuru Kuru Kururin, but if it gets anywhere near as challenging it could be a hardcore experience...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This game is pretty awesome, I have always like these types of arcade/puzzlers. I think the controls work great, maybe could respond a tad quicker.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

It actually looks very good, but its from Zynga and that energy meter on top worries me, played a bit of Super Bunnies and the energy bar was very similar. Any IAP?

Last edited by TheFrost; 10-18-2012 at 04:23 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
It actually looks very good, but its from Zynga and that energy meter on top worries me, played a bit of Super Bunnies and the energy bar was very similar. Any IAP?
I just played through the first 10 levels and so far no IAP present, the bar at the top indicates your health which you lose by hitting the walls or enemies. If you've ever played Kuru Kuru Kururin for GBA you will be VERY disappointed. I can already tell it's not nearly as challenging, you move much slower, and I think the 'camera' could be backed up a little bit so you can see more of the level. Aside from that my biggest problem are the controls; you have to continually swipe in order to move and more fluid movement is needed to do well, especially for the later levels I'm guessing. If the implemented a joystick this could be a nice casual version of Kuru Kuru Kururin.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
If you've ever played Kuru Kuru Kururin for GBA you will be VERY disappointed.
I came here hoping someone would make the comparison, was not disappointed.

I was really hoping it would be like Kuru
Old 10-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
I just played through the first 10 levels and so far no IAP present, the bar at the top indicates your health which you lose by hitting the walls or enemies. If you've ever played Kuru Kuru Kururin for GBA you will be VERY disappointed. I can already tell it's not nearly as challenging, you move much slower, and I think the 'camera' could be backed up a little bit so you can see more of the level. Aside from that my biggest problem are the controls; you have to continually swipe in order to move and more fluid movement is needed to do well, especially for the later levels I'm guessing. If the implemented a joystick this could be a nice casual version of Kuru Kuru Kururin.
Thanks THOTH, it seems a no go at the moment until they fix those controls and the camera issues, thanks again!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:25 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I know not much feedback here, but the game is great!!!

Action puzzler, and the game is so cute and funny!

If you like games like cut the rope, follow the rabbit, spy mouse, firebusters, or catch the candy get this one.

It is solid, fun, and a great buy at a buck.

Highly recommended!

No IAPs, controls may be a little sluggish, but in some ways adds to the game to make it a little more challenging in a way. Camera issues? You mean cause it is zoomed in a lot? Well, that could go both ways, zoomed in looks fine to me, I might prefer it that way actually so you can get more precision on how to control the character.

Anyway, don't be scared off by the minor issues, it is a great game, buy it, you will love it.

Last edited by Connector; 10-19-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

But it's Zynga.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
But it's Zynga.
Haha, I know. I was hesitant too at first. But this game is a quality game, maybe even better than Chillingo type in a lot of ways.

Give the game a chance, I did, and I like the game alot.

It reminds me alot of a quirky Japanese arcade game. Kind of like funny, have to think, solid gameplay, nice cute graphics, and it does make you laugh.

I know it's zynga, but maybe they are trying to change their ways. Much like gameloft did after their freemium experiences.

Someone mentioned Super Bunnies before, I downloaded the lite version, and that game sucks. Has nothing to do with this game.

Solid game, give it a try. Check out youtube videos, it's even funner than it looks. And no inapps believe it or not. Can't be zynga, haha

Last edited by Connector; 10-19-2012 at 11:05 PM..