Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Loved the art on this game, it is not cluttered and looks great on an iphone5.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 PM

Wow i really like this game!!! I love td an this one is really smooth and fun. The ony thing id change is that the hero moves by click and then click, while the towers are drag and drop. I get confused often between the two, although im sure ill get used to it. Great game so far!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 PM

@ slewis7: Yep I know, another tower defense. What I feel really sets our game appart from the masses is the addition of the hero with a special set of abilities. They add quite a bit of strategy to the game and theres rarely a dull moment where you are just stting there watching your towers do all the work. Give us a shot and let us know what you think. We are very open to suggestions and feedback.

@ bramblett05: Thanks bramblett05! I'm glad you like the visual style. We are very proud of it and really think its a fresh new look for the genre.

@ awp69: Awesome. Let us know if its tooooo challenging.

@ smes3817: Thanks, glad you decided to give it a try!

@ ducksFANjason: Give it a shot and let us know what you think!

@ aldwincollantes: Really happy to hear it looks solid ont he iphone5. We were a bit worried it would look weird with the new aspect ratio.

@ frozensolid: Thanks frozen! Glad you are enjoying it. Let us know if the control scheme is odd or can use improvements.

Thanks again for all the nice comments and feedback!

Last edited by cboxgames; 10-19-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 PM

Cboxgames,

Is there any plan to make gamecenter achivments? I would really support this and would love to see it happen. Make or breaks a game for me, personally
Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozensolid View Post
Cboxgames,

Is there any plan to make gamecenter achivments? I would really support this and would love to see it happen. Make or breaks a game for me, personally
Actually we are working that very thing right now. One of the comments/reviews via the app store mentioned that very thing and we are in the process of releasing leaderboards and gamecenter achievements. Hold tight, we will be pushing them soon!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I haven't tried this game out yet but it looks like it is really fun! I like the graphical style of this game and I hope it plays as smooth as it looks
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Downloaded and tried the lite version. The first play through I didn't quite grasp the part of the tutorial that said to drag the towers. So I ended up stuck with two towers and got overwhelmed by time the third wave hit. If I hadn't read the forums I probably would have just given up and uninstalled it. So maybe expand the tutorial when someone screws up and doesn't seem to be putting towers down quick enough or something. It does put up the warning to build more... but at some point it would be cool if the game stopped play and addressed the gamer so they could get more tips on playing the game. Still, my second time playing it I got to the final wave of the first map and despite having tons of towers it was telling me to build more. I guess I didn't build enough because I was overwhelmed and died. I'll give it another go this weekend but overall I think the intro level is too hard for a noob to tower defense like me. Maybe my oldest son will like it and grasp it right away but if not for this thread I would have already deleted it and moved on to something else.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

The graphics are fantastic. The game is fun. You're right cbox there really isn't any downtime during the gameplay. It's so challenging that you pretty much have to be building/upgrading/using special skills all the time. Very fun tho. However it is really tough. I spent a lot of time defeating level 2. The second level!! That's how tough it is. After spending all that frustating time defeating that level I see they came out with an update "reducing the challenge of level 2". Argh! Now I'm stuck on level 4. The only prob I see is it gets too tough. Like, "**ck this"......delete! tough. Right now I very much enjoy the challenge and would highly recommend this game to any TD fan. Great job Cbox! This gamer loves it!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I wish I had this game. Congratulations on really excellent game has designed.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Downloaded and tried the lite version. The first play through I didn't quite grasp the part of the tutorial that said to drag the towers. So I ended up stuck with two towers and got overwhelmed by time the third wave hit. If I hadn't read the forums I probably would have just given up and uninstalled it. So maybe expand the tutorial when someone screws up and doesn't seem to be putting towers down quick enough or something. It does put up the warning to build more... but at some point it would be cool if the game stopped play and addressed the gamer so they could get more tips on playing the game. Still, my second time playing it I got to the final wave of the first map and despite having tons of towers it was telling me to build more. I guess I didn't build enough because I was overwhelmed and died. I'll give it another go this weekend but overall I think the intro level is too hard for a noob to tower defense like me. Maybe my oldest son will like it and grasp it right away but if not for this thread I would have already deleted it and moved on to something else.
Thanks for the input nightc1. Its true Biotic Blitz was intended for those already familiar with TD's, but I agree we should try our best to cater to new players. That being said we can always simplify it further if you feel its too difficult initially. As you can imagine its tough finding a solid middle ground in terms of difficulty and we are constantly searching for that sweet spot.

All input is valid so we will take your suggestions to try and make the learning curve easier to new players of the genre. The tutorials were a big part of the game that saw many iterations and we'd like to continue reworking it until it flows well for all players. We've also thought about adding a "replay" and "skip" function to players who'd like to replay the tutorials and more experienced players who'd rather skip them.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by cboxgames; 10-19-2012 at 06:21 PM..