★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Downloaded and tried the lite version. The first play through I didn't quite grasp the part of the tutorial that said to drag the towers. So I ended up stuck with two towers and got overwhelmed by time the third wave hit. If I hadn't read the forums I probably would have just given up and uninstalled it. So maybe expand the tutorial when someone screws up and doesn't seem to be putting towers down quick enough or something. It does put up the warning to build more... but at some point it would be cool if the game stopped play and addressed the gamer so they could get more tips on playing the game. Still, my second time playing it I got to the final wave of the first map and despite having tons of towers it was telling me to build more. I guess I didn't build enough because I was overwhelmed and died. I'll give it another go this weekend but overall I think the intro level is too hard for a noob to tower defense like me. Maybe my oldest son will like it and grasp it right away but if not for this thread I would have already deleted it and moved on to something else.
Thanks for the input nightc1. Its true Biotic Blitz was intended for those already familiar with TD's, but I agree we should try our best to cater to new players. That being said we can always simplify it further if you feel its too difficult initially. As you can imagine its tough finding a solid middle ground in terms of difficulty and we are constantly searching for that sweet spot.

All input is valid so we will take your suggestions to try and make the learning curve easier to new players of the genre. The tutorials were a big part of the game that saw many iterations and we'd like to continue reworking it until it flows well for all players. We've also thought about adding a "replay" and "skip" function to players who'd like to replay the tutorials and more experienced players who'd rather skip them.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by cboxgames; 10-19-2012 at 06:21 PM.
10-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twstephens View Post
The graphics are fantastic. The game is fun. You're right cbox there really isn't any downtime during the gameplay. It's so challenging that you pretty much have to be building/upgrading/using special skills all the time. Very fun tho. However it is really tough. I spent a lot of time defeating level 2. The second level!! That's how tough it is. After spending all that frustating time defeating that level I see they came out with an update "reducing the challenge of level 2". Argh! Now I'm stuck on level 4. The only prob I see is it gets too tough. Like, "**ck this"......delete! tough. Right now I very much enjoy the challenge and would highly recommend this game to any TD fan. Great job Cbox! This gamer loves it!
Haha! It is tough! We pushed an update recently that lowered the difficulty of Level 2. Oddly enough people have more trouble in the lite than full versions haha. If you still find level 2 and 4 frustrating pleeease lets us know so we can balance it further. It means a lot to us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerkarakaya View Post
I wish I had this game. Congratulations on really excellent game has designed.
Thanks, well be announcing winners next week. Good luck!

10-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboxgames View Post
Haha! It is tough! We pushed an update recently that lowered the difficulty of Level 2. Oddly enough people have more trouble in the lite than full versions haha. If you still find level 2 and 4 frustrating pleeease lets us know so we can balance it further. It means a lot to us!

Thanks, well be announcing winners next week. Good luck!
I hope I win
10-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Played the Lite Version and i like the Hero Concept and the minimalistic graphics.

My wish is, to make new positions of missiles and weapons before the attack begins.
I would like to play the full version.
10-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed4mee View Post
Played the Lite Version and i like the Hero Concept and the minimalistic graphics.

My wish is, to make new positions of missiles and weapons before the attack begins.
I would like to play the full version.
Can you elaborate on what you meant by positioning missile and weapons before the attack begins? You mean build time between waves?

Last edited by cboxgames; 10-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.
10-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Great game

Really fun and i really enjoyed playing. Best feature is the one movable player. Most tower defense does not have a movable player. Upgrading and bonuses for your Hero really is a extra bonus for the missions
10-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCNeal View Post
Really fun and i really enjoyed playing. Best feature is the one movable player. Most tower defense does not have a movable player. Upgrading and bonuses for your Hero really is a extra bonus for the missions
Thanks MrCNeal.
10-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I love tower defense games! This one is particularly exciting due to a movable hero and skills. I have just reached the first map in the second zone. Which trap works better than irradiate?
10-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Thanks drnkenmonkey,

To be honest they all work well its just of matter of deciding which skills you like playing with the best. More defensively or offensively? Try mixing them up to see what play style suits you best.
10-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Send a message via ICQ to gnome9er Send a message via MSN to gnome9er Send a message via Yahoo to gnome9er Send a message via Skype™ to gnome9er
i love TD games, and so i bought this off the hop without even checking for a lite version. the first level was allright but i couldnt even beat the second. im pretty skilled and thought this was deffinatley the hardest game ive played latley. tune it down just a notch or make difficulty selection.