★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Boonka Snap! (v1.0.0) ($0.99)

06-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Boonka Snap! (v1.0.0) ($0.99)

From Sandlot Games, the maker of blockbusters Snail Mail, comes Boonka Snap!
iTunes Store: Boonka Snap! on iTunes.
Sandlot Games: http://www.sandlotgames.com/

Boonka Snap is a highly addictive and challenging puzzle game with a twist that takes full advantage of the iPhone's accelerometer and touch features.

Synopsis:
Make matches with Boonkas, the tiny but powerful nature spirits, with a single flick of your wrist. You will send them into the roots of the trees where they work their mysterious magic, but watch out for a certain group of evil enemies… they will try to stop you any way they can!

For a limited time, Sandlot Games will give you a free game if post your review of Boonka Snap on the iTunes page!
iTunes Store: Boonka Snap for the iPhone and iPod Touch!
Sandlot Games: http://www.sandlotgames.com/w4/allgames.aspx

Thanks for reading! Let us know if you have any questions or comments about the game or our company. We'll reply as soon as possible

Last edited by SandlotGames; 06-17-2009 at 06:39 PM.
06-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Sorry, but...ANOTHER match 3?!?!?!?!?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

06-17-2009, 06:14 PM
looks nice

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
@pablo19

It's a bit more than a Match-3, but if we told you how then we might be spoiling the fun Try it out!
06-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I'll probably purchase it later today.

Free game after writing a review? What game?

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
06-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandlotGames View Post
It's a bit more than a Match-3, but if we told you how then we might be spoiling the fun Try it out!
intriguing. i can't resist match 3 games with a twist so this made me buy it.
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
You can pick any game from this list (post your request in this thread after you review the game and we'll send you the activation code via private message, e-mail, or twitter):
http://www.sandlotgames.com/w4/blueplatemania.aspx

OR, you can get Boonka, the stepsister to Boonka Snap, for free
06-17-2009, 07:50 PM
I'll do it

That's a kewl idea. Downloading now.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Don't argue. Buy the game, write a review, and get Snail Mail for free!

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
06-17-2009, 08:10 PM
ok, i already played a bit.

this is a match 3 game - slot machine style. instead of swapping or sliding blocks to form a match, the 5 columns continuously move (some up, some down; some faster than the others) and you either have to shake or tap to stop the motion and hope it makes a match (3 boonkas / blocks or more). if you match 5, you get a powerup: a boonka becomes a bomb and if you match it, it destroys nearby boonkas as well.

it has two modes: normal game and just relax. normal game mode is ok, kept me on my toes. if you fail to make a match after a certain number of moves, you get a skour. if you match 3 skours, game over.

just relax mode, well, it made me sleepy.

1. how do you die in just relax mode? and no pause button! my score is 500000+, my eyes are drooping, i really wanted to get a can of soda and the game just kept on going. i was forced to hit the home button just to quit the game. and, when i returned to the game, it was not saved! my score is back to 0.

2. please have an in-game option to turn off the sounds. i have an iphone and i prefer not to mute it in case i forget about it later.

3. missing global leaderboards. right now, you can save up to 5 local highscores (only for normal mode) with no options to input a name.

4. how do you get a "germinate?" you get a "wow" if you get 6 or more consecutive matches with just one tap.

5. you get a "croshka" match when you match same type of boonkas from end to end. are there other matches that i can make?

6. 4&5 will mean more to me if there's some sort of achievements board: made a croshka, 500 wows, etc.