★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dark Meadow $5.99 > $2.99

10-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Dark Meadow $5.99 > $2.99

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Yikes. This will probably bring some haters out of the woodwork. Personally, if you really want to play the game, I'd probably just go for the freemium version.
10-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Well, if the premium bonuses are worth more than $5.99 (havent checked), whoever buys the premium version now gets more than they pay the $2.99 for. Plus, it doesnt have the ads.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Well, if the premium bonuses are worth more than $5.99 (havent checked), whoever buys the premium version now gets more than they pay the $2.99 for. Plus, it doesnt have the ads.
True. I never got the original as I didn't have a compatible device at the time. So ended up getting the freemium and enjoyed it, but guess I was blown away by it enough to get the premium version -- particularly since a lot of people who had paid weren't too happy with the way it was handled.

So guess it could be a toss-up. Again, it's a pretty good game. Just another one of those that might not have been handled too well -- at least at first -- when they released the freemium version. Know they did some things to try to rectify that. Probably better to ask someone who did get the premium one on how they feel about it now.
10-19-2012, 02:38 PM
I got the premium day one, and although the free version really hurt, the free stuff i got helped a lot in my progress through the game, especially since i never had intentions to buy IAP for it.

For $3, i'd recommend it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword