★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: DogIsGreat by FUNBAG GAMES

10-19-2012, 11:30 AM
DogIsGreat by FUNBAG GAMES

Hi People,
we finally finished our game. we been on it for about 3 months in our spare time.
Its one touch Fun!!

Its free- did I already say that
10-19-2012, 12:06 PM

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
10-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Loving the pixel art and color scheme. Will download it now. Good onya for no IAP and free! Much respect

Edit-

Wow it's surprisingly a very gorgeously made and fun and addictive game.
I especially love the way the sunflower shoots out of dogs bum every time you jump. The psychedelic color scheme, the hilarious sound effects.

It's a very well made game. I didn't want to put it down. Just passed the level that had tick spelt out in blocks before I could stop myself.. Very addictive! Brilliant game ^_^

Ps can you explain the meaning behind why the dog has no ears and looks like a human? Is dog a parable for human.. Are we all dogs running to catch our train in life? I'm sure there's a deep meaning?

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave

Last edited by Snozberry; 10-19-2012 at 03:30 PM.
10-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I grabbed it... will play later. It's interesting the listing says "No inAPP purchases" as a feature and it got past Apple. Good job.
10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Downloaded! I'm excited to play it later. Love the art style.

and the horse you rode in on

Awaiting: Ridiculous Fishing // Random Battles // Monster Loves You! // Punch Quest // FIST OF AWESOME // Hammer04 // Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage
10-19-2012, 03:59 PM
hey Snozberry,

thanks for checking it out, and you got pretty far. If you get A's in every level you unlock a new outfit for the dogs.

As for the human head- well Its my first try at 2d pixel art (I am a 3d animator tho) and I couldn't draw the dogs head properly, so I drew a human one. Rafael who programmed the game liked it so I left it :/

the meaning behind the game- well last year I saw a child playing with a cutout paper dog on the train window- jumping over houses while the train was moving. I thought that would be a fun game!

our next game, well I got good at drawing dogs heads in the end- watch this space...