★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Question about EA Sudoku

11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Question about EA Sudoku

I am tempted to buy EA Sudoku while it is on sale. But I have one remaining question before I can click Buy.

Does the note annotation stay on once selected? So I can enter number notes into multiple cells. Or do I have to select it every time I choose a different cell to enter a number note?

Thanks so much,

-Beth
11-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoderlye View Post
I am tempted to buy EA Sudoku while it is on sale. But I have one remaining question before I can click Buy.

Does the note annotation stay on once selected? So I can enter number notes into multiple cells. Or do I have to select it every time I choose a different cell to enter a number note?

Thanks so much,

-Beth
You mean those little nunbers in the corners right? you can see those all the time unless you delete them.

Just one thing, There are a lot of sudokus for .99 (less that EA Sudokus) that also have this feature. Also don;t expect to listen to your own music while playing, As many (most, if not all) of EA's games don't let you listen to you own music while playing.

11-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks pablo19

I will check the other Sudoku games out. -
11-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Ive counted and Sudoku games account for about 10% of all games which is so incredibly sad but anyways there could be plenty of free and cheaper sudoku games. I recommend looking around first.
11-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Quote:

Thanks so much,

-Beth
I would definitely recommend EA's Sudoku. Yes there are a million others, but I found EA's to be the easiest to use and the easiest on the eyes.

I really didn't like Gameloft's at all. Mostly since they have to have the strange girl giving the instructions and such...
11-29-2008, 06:39 PM
rootbeersoup,

Once you select the notes button, does it stay until you unselect it?

For example, if the number '1' can go into 4 of the cells which of the following works for EA?

1) Select the note button then select the cell and enter one, then select the next cell and enter one, etc. Then turn off the notes to enter the final number.

Or

2) Select the cell then select the note button enter one, select the next cell, then select the note button and enter one, etc.

Thanks!
11-29-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't think you can turn it off once you turn it on, if that's what you're asking
11-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Does it have to be turned on to enter into each cell?

I noticed in one free sudoku game I downloaded that every time I wanted to enter a note in a cell I had to press the note button and then enter the number note for that cell. But if I moved to another cell I had to press the note button again in order to enter another note. If I didn't press it, the number would not be entered as a note. Man, this is hard to get across.
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Quote:
I noticed in one free sudoku game I downloaded that every time I wanted to enter a note in a cell I had to press the note button and then enter the number note for that cell. But if I moved to another cell I had to press the note button again in order to enter another note. If I didn't press it, the number would not be entered as a note. Man, this is hard to get across.
No, I think once you select the note entering mode, it stays until you enter the number entering mode
11-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Cool

Thanks!