★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Toki Tori (+Lite) OS 3.0 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

06-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Toki Tori (+Lite) OS 3.0 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Toki Tori OS 3.0 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

If you are running OS 3.0, please disable the sound effects in the Options menu. Due to a bug in OS 3.0, the game's framerate will be unstable. This issue will be addressed in the next update, v1.2, of Toki Tori. Until then, please switch off the sound effects.

This notice also applies to the Lite version.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
06-18-2009, 02:34 AM
Well, I suppose all I can say is thanks for the heads up. I have a feeling many games will have bugs, I'm glad a few of the companies are announcing it beforehand.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

06-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of these sort of bugs over the next few weeks pop up. Thanks for the advanced notice though

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTribes View Post
Due to a bug in OS 3.0
Uuuuhhhhh... surely you mean, due to a bug in v1.1 of your game, not a bug in Apple's OS 3.0, right?
06-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
Uuuuhhhhh... surely you mean, due to a bug in v1.1 of your game, not a bug in Apple's OS 3.0, right?
does it really matter how it's phrased?

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 06-18-2009 at 03:16 AM.
06-18-2009, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
Way to be an Ahole you know what he means, 3.0 created a bug in the game does it really matter how it's phrased? Were you really that lost?
It's quite important how it's phrased actually, because firstly the public needs to know where the fault lies: with this just game - which will only affect one game, or with the OS 3.0 - which could affect many other games, meaning people who haven't updated to OS 3.0 might want to hold off.
Secondly, developers need to be upfront and honest about any shortcomings that are their own fault if they want to maintain a credible reputation. Remember BS Media?

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 06-18-2009 at 03:16 AM.
06-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Thanks for the heads up. Will do.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
06-18-2009, 03:10 AM
If I wasn't on my phone I would type something longer however with the release of 3.0 code that was neat and tidy has become not so neat and efficent. Is it twotribes or apple, I'm leaning towards more of apples fault seeing as they have changed the way programs run in 3.0. It's a developers problem when they fail to make the corrections. I would say around 15 percent of the games I have on my touch run properly in 3.0 the rest we must wait for updates. The fact that Toki doesn't work is not duento sloppy programming, it due to apple changing things around.

Oh and waahhhwaahhh I can not believe that I bothered you that much with my stupid comment.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

Last edited by jchampl; 06-18-2009 at 03:22 AM.
06-18-2009, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
No it's definitely a bug in OS 3.0. The game runs fine with 2.2.1, but suddenly has audio related issues in 3.0. We noticed that some other developers experienced the same problem and are hoping that Apple will come up with a solution fast. We managed to work-around the issue in our upcoming v1.2 update. Again, if you disable the sfx, all should still be fine and you can play the game without issues.
06-18-2009, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTribes View Post
No it's definitely a bug in OS 3.0. The game runs fine with 2.2.1, but suddenly has audio related issues in 3.0. We noticed that some other developers experienced the same problem and are hoping that Apple will come up with a solution fast. We managed to work-around the issue in our upcoming v1.2 update. Again, if you disable the sfx, all should still be fine and you can play the game without issues.
Thank you for your eloquent, detailed and polite answer. It's much appreciated.
I apologise for my sarcastic tone and "rolly-eyes" earlier.