Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Rebound Beat: Ricochet Rhythm Puzzle Game

Rebound beat was just released in the app store for iPhone and iPad, (retina ipad and iPhone 5 supported). For free download with the first 10 levels available.

Adjust the angles of drums to create intricate rhythms. You need to fill one bar of the guide rhythm to pass the level, and you can embellish it with extra beats for more points. After that, you're free to try to loop the rhythm as long as you can keep the ball afloat.

It can be pretty challenging, and the near infinite combinations of rhythm makes for good competition on the game center leaderboards.

trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rebound-beat/id563203595?mt=8&uo=4

More info is on my website:
http://roughsoft.com/rebound-beat/

Old 10-21-2012, 09:35 AM

haha funny trailer
Old 10-21-2012, 12:58 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

The trailer is interesting, i'll give this game a try!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:37 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Didn't watch the trailer but just installed it (hey devs, more small file sizes plzkthnks).

Impressions later.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Interesting game, interesting concept. Reminds me of Beat It! by the old Glu (some one hold me, just thinking about that game makes me want to cry ).

I'm finding it difficult to manipulate the instruments though. I think they should be a bit more loose, for lack of a better term. I'm playing on an iphone 4S BTW. I think you should Add the ability to zoom in, perhaps hiding the GUI elements in the process. That would make rotating the elements easier. I think incorporating zooming with 2 finger rotation would work the best.

2) If you have the knowhow, you should incorporate a visual element that gets "flashier" as the score goes up, like Beat Hazard Ultra. In other words, swap out the sky blue background with an interactive visualizer of sorts.

3) You have the instruments; add a freestyle/sandbox mode! I love music toys, generative music apps, etc...it already has the look of a music production app. Use the instruments as goals: by finishing levels, or scoring a certain amount, new instruments would be unlocked to play with. Whether you would want to add the ability to record the music, or just listen to it in-app (with a visualizer option) is up to you. Well, it's all up to you, of course!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Greyskull, thanks for the feedback. Having a pure music creation mode would indeed be fun. I do want to add a few more instruments too. I'll see what I can do in the next update.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:04 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

In among of all those other great Music Games on the Appstore and with the recent release of Square Enix Symphonica I have sadly to say that Rebound Beat might sound great on the Paper but overall the Gameplay itself is as monotonous as it can be. I spent over half an hour with it and I barly can say that I did enjoy it at any time.

Some Concepts just don`t seem to work as great as they might sound first. Kudos to Roughsoft for at least trying it...