★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2-D forward runners

10-21-2012, 02:42 PM
2-D forward runners

Does anyone know of a forward runner implemented entirely with 2D artwork? Any pointers appreciated.
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Necrorun
Zombie Parkour Runner
IX-Runner
Dont Run With A Plasma Sword
Blood Run
Save Them All
Crazy Control 2
Monkey Ninja
Tiny Wings
One Epic Game
Super Bit Bash
Spooky Hoofs
Pix N Love Rush
Gravity Guy
Jetpack Joyride
One-Tap Hero
Run Roo Run
Ninja Chicken <-- forgot which one of them NC titles
Rayman Jungle Run
Me Red
Gun Runner
Ovenbreak
Ninja Cat 2
Kinito Ninja
Polara - looks 2D to me, but with high number of frames on the main character Lara

All i could think of right now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Impressive list, thanks! On the face of it, some of these are side scrollers (as opposed to forward runners, Temple Run style). Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology?

Will check these out.
10-22-2012, 03:16 PM
I dont remember any behind the back runners with 2D art since the perspective itself is in 3D.

Everything I posted here are side-scrolling runners, but they are completely in 2D.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword