★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iPhone 3GS games/apps

06-18-2009, 12:02 PM
iPhone 3GS games/apps

Is it too soon to be wanting a listing or directory of games/apps that take advantage of the new features of the iPhone 3GS? Might be nice to separate them out somehow.
06-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I think warpack grunts is coming out soon click the banner below

06-18-2009, 12:18 PM
not games, but, I'm sure things like GoSkyWatch will soon offer a "point at a star and name it" feature with the built-in compass. It's all that's been lacking for this kind of thing.

If I were developing a camera app I'd use it to achieve cool outdoor lighting effects.

Furthermore integrating it with Street View might be cool, you could make a game where you "paint on buildings" and other iphone users see what you painted when they hold their phone at the building...

also it could bring geocaching to a whole new level of interactivity.

Could release a "window on the world" app for office drones, they would have a window say to the beach that they could pan about realistically...

Finally many games that use the accelerometer now have an additional source to be more responsive, less laggy. Of course a second accelerometer (from which the outputs were averaged, thus cutting down on the noise by potentially orders of magnitude) would've been better in some ways, but I digress...

I'm thinking of getting one just to experiment with wearable computing. Such a perfect platform now (if video out from apps is available).

Last edited by writingsama; 06-18-2009 at 12:24 PM.
06-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Sincroman View Post
I think warpack grunts is coming out soon click the banner below
I don't think it will be 3GS only...

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
06-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't think it'll happen until the iPod Touch 3G comes out (rumored for September). The 3GS market is going to be way too small compared to the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1G, and iPod Touch 2G market.
06-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
I don't think it will be 3GS only...
absolutely correct. Warpack: Grunts is for all iPhones/iPods.
06-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Bomberman 2